• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

More guinea pigs advertised - can anyone help?

GemmaH

Mama Doe
I found an advert for a 16wk old boar and 12wk old sow, they come with two of everything but it only mentions one cage so it's possibly a very young pregnant female. I emailed about them at the beginning of the week and have just had a reply now, they are still available and can I ring asap.

Can anyone help at all? I have room for the sow but really can't take another boar at the moment with the other pair I just took in.

I'm struggling a bit myself at the moment. I've got a boar that I'm going to try and bond with 2 sows, but one of the sows is not up to it yet as she is still recovering from bladder stone operation number 3. My preloved sow is on her own as well, as all the other pigs seem to hate her for some reason.

It does seem a shame to have to split these two up though... Did you have any luck with my vet by the way?

Still on my 'to-do' list I'm afraid, it's top of my list for the beginning of next month when I'm getting a bit of extra money, will get in touch with them to query it in the next couple of days.

I've got the room but it's pushing my overall numbers higher than I'm really happy with and also the fact I've got to try and rehome any babies or otherwise have the space to keep them here.

Not sure, the ad just says with a cage so I assume indoor. They've asked me to ring rather than email because they're not on the computer much but I don't want to start ringing with questions then turn around and say no thanks.

Yes I know what you mean. I'm worried that I won't be able to afford the vet's fees if I take any more on, plus I'm short of space anyway:(

What about guinea pig rehome, or guinea lynx?

Back