• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

On the waiting list....

lotsofsmoggies

Mama Doe
Charlie is on the waiting list with the Norfolk Rspca rabbit rehoming place. They have a shortage of female rabbits. :( If I could have I would have had a 'friend' yesterday. Poor Charlie.

I've read a number of pairing threads on here and it seems easy enough, but things for me never go quite as smoothly as that!

I feel so sorry for him being alone :( he always had his half brother with him, even to go to the vets. I've being giving him lots of cuddles, he doesn't seem like he is missing Lola its probably me who's more upset. I keep drooling over those bunnies in need and looking in the rehoming websites, I have a few local places I will ring, but I'm not ready to be disappointed yet. It was bad enough with the RSPCA you always think they will have lots of bunnies needing homes. I'll keep looking.

I checked in the rehoming bit (your link) in Lincs, Suffolk, Norfolk and Cambridgeshire. I didn't check futher a field as they are the local areas to me. Think I will now, thank you. Didn't mean to seem dumb or anything. :)

if you were to find a bun further afield, from one of the many rescues on the forum, i'm sure a bunny run could be arranged. You'll find that the people on here are fantastic at pulling together to get a bun to its new home. Just have a look in the trasport requests section to see how far some of these buns ahve travelled. :wave:

ooh Kayj in bolton has sooooo many gorgeous buns up for rehome, shes quite far but a run could be sorted im sure! i volunteer with her and iv fallen in love with them all!!!:lol:

i waited over a year trying to find a boy bun that was local to me - there were NONE so I ended up bribing a friend to drive me further afield.

it is common on this forum for people to pitch in to help transport rabbits around the country so I expect someone would be willing to help :)

I've just looked in the transport request threads OMG Barnsley to London!!!:shock: Wow. Thats far.

I have trouble with asking people to do things like transport :roll::oops: Its a pride thing I think, people helping me why would they want to? Or have I only ever dealt with people who are me, me, me? Anyway how do I know if it is a bunny from a centre/person on here? Stupid question I know but I'm unsure.

I've just looked in the transport request threads OMG Barnsley to London!!!:shock: Wow. Thats far.

I have trouble with asking people to do things like transport :roll::oops: Its a pride thing I think, people helping me why would they want to? Or have I only ever dealt with people who are me, me, me? Anyway how do I know if it is a bunny from a centre/person on here? Stupid question I know but I'm unsure.

YOU dont have to ask, the rescue usually ask for you..... do a search for female rabbits and see if theres any you like, worry about the travelling after.:D

Have you seen Lola in the Rabits in need section? She is :love: shes got such a pretty little face.

I have and she looks like Charlie's half brother a little bit too. But it says she would like to be a house bunny and Charlie lives outside. I keep looking at all the female bunnies in that section. I'm going to throw the hubby in front of the computer and see what he says. He is usually is the one to add more to our house.

Have you been to the one at Heacham? (not far from Norwich) ;)
Also there are some rescues near Cambridge area/Hertford areas

I live less than ten miles from Heacham and thats were Charlie is on the waiting list. They really helped me when we were thinking about getting rabbits.

I'm not sure about the place in Sprowston as there doesn't seem to be the link for the website anymore.

Hubby now wants to go to Woodgreen animal rescue centre :roll: at the weekend. But with a young baby I can't that being possible, we'll have to make sure they have something first. Why do men always want things done yesterday?!:lol: I was thinking more about PACT animal centre maybe ringing them...

If you mean Woodgreen near Huntingdon then I was there on Monday and didn't notice any single females, they tend to pair theirs up. Definitely would ring ahead first to see what they have. Also, they do home check for bunnies, so not sure how far afield they go.

Back