• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dinner thief - poor poppy!

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
I've been quite concewrned about the amount of weight poppy has lost in the last few months - look, she is a bag of bones:

poppyskinny005.jpg

so I asked the vet what he thought when she went for her vaccinations on tuesday. He suggested that maybe Guinness was gobbling all the food and not leaving her any which i doubted cos Poppy is so greedy.

But to test it out, when I got home I separated them and gave them each an equal amount of food - and guess who finished his first? :rolleyes:

they will be being fed separately fom now on :lol: - please send "getting fat" vibes for poppy!

I have the same problem with Crunchie and Dixie. Crunchie is really greedy and Dixie has teeth problems, so can't eat very quickly. I have to seperate them at mealtimes, with is a bit of a faff :roll:

I have jsut drawn up a plan for making a hinged boltable door to divide the hutch - so i can separate them when i get up, feed them their breakfast, then let them be together again when i go out to work :)

( they get put in the run but not till two hours later when my hosuemate puts them out cos its dark when i set off)

look though, you can see all her vertebrae :(

he listened to her with a stethoscope and did a lot of various checks - he says to separate them for feeding and if theres no improvment he'll do tests for kidney problems etc.

really tempting to give her extra treats now to fatten her up but I know I mustn't in case it's some other problem and overfeeding masks it :oops:

I have the same problem, bobby is a greedy guts and alfie takes his time (he closes his eyes when hes chewing like hes reeeeealllyyyy enjoying it and wants to concentrate on the yummy taste!:lol:)bless, so i started to feed them in seperate bowls as bobby wouldnt lift his head out of the pellets (like a hoover suckin them up) and alfie didnt seem to get as much.....!
But bobs eats his in half the time and then goes over to alfies bowl and helps him finish them off.he even pulls cabbage leaves out of alfies mouth while hes eating them! naughty bun!;)...often despite the fact he has a leaf in front of him! its a case of grass is always greener with bobby bun....he hates to think hes missin out! he he:lol:

I have the same problem with my two, Mnistrel eats twice as fast as Piper and will eat till its all gone whereas she likes to eat a bit and explore then come back later. Have started hand feeding her some extra pellets in the evening away from Minstrel.

Helen x

I feel bad for not noticing before but I would never have suspected cos Poppy is notoriously greedy :( My entire household burst out laughing when I told them - they thought i was joking!

Back