• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Time to get Tinker a girlfriend??

sarahmarshadlam

Warren Scout
Hello!

I am thinking that maybe it is time to get my bunny tinker (1 year old) a girlfriend. I work from home so I'm around a lot but my sister hs recently got her boy rabbit a girlfriend and I see her two rabbits cuddled up and playing 24/7 so realise that it really does make a difference.

Do you think it's a good idea? Tinker has a huge home - a double hutch and large cage surrounded by a home made 'fence' in the house so it would definitely be big enough for an extra one.

In your experiences do you find that your orignal rabbit isn't as affectionate when they have a mate or are they the same as they were?

Many thanks for any advice and thoughts :)

I've found my rabbits have been alot happier once they got a friend :D they run about and binky like mad :lol:
I can't say if their affection towards me changes as they'ren not really humanised :D

Yes we see a difference in our Fae and Joey...we always assumed they were as happy as possible when they were alone, but seeing them back together we could really see the difference...they flop more, binky more, play more, snuggle and groom all the time...theyre changed buns:D

Theyre no less affectionate towards us..very independent now but i think that was just growing up

:wave:

I have just bonded my bun with his wifebun and although its only been 3 days today they are both much happier. He used to sit in his run looking really bored but now he spends his time grooming her or nodding off together. It is wonderful to see them together.

He is less affectionate with us but only because he is so head over heels with her. He still comes over to say hello and say has started to follow too.

Thank you for your responses! Tinker is really bonded to me, so I hope that wouldn't change. He seems very happy and content, but I'm sure that a bunny wife would make him even happier.

I think that's a great idea. If I'm honest, my Molly was really affectionate to me before I got him Faline. He still is, but not as much. But it makes me feel so happy to see him snuggled up with her. :D

I do think it improves wuality of life for a rabbit to have a rabbit friend. I got Poppy a friend and its so nice to look out into the garden and see them snuggled up because i know that when i havent got time to spend hours and hours with her, she is not lonely. she still loves to sit on my lap and have snuggles and nose rubs :)

Back