• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Checklist starter kit

CLAREM1

Warren Scout
Am I forgetting anything essential here for my two new rabbits to come home?

Happy Hutch and run combo
Rabbit Pellets (spillers)
Rabbit Royale mix
Hay
Vitamin drops (do I need these?)
2 x Bottles
2 x Bowls
Hay Rack
Litter tray x 2
Litter (wood pellets)
Hutch disinfectant
Grooming brush
Hutch/run toys (any suggestions a treat ball someone has told me what else)

What do I need to bring my rabbits home I'm getting two can they go in together in a carry cage?

Also has anybody got a suggestion for a protector or one that you can buy for the sykes hutch and run combo

Vitamin drops are not required if you feed them lots of hay, fresh veg and also a decent pelleted food. Save your money ;)

You mention that you are getting two types of food, is that because they are on one of them and you are weaning them on to the other food

Hi thanks

Thanks for the reply - yes this is what they are on at the moment because they are babies I think - do you think I only need the one then?

Thanks for the reply - yes this is what they are on at the moment because they are babies I think - do you think I only need the one then?

Are they on both types of feed?

Sorry I am a little slow, are these rabbits coming from different sources and being fed different food, or are they both being fed a mixture of two types of food?

Are they on both types of feed?

Sorry I am a little slow, are these rabbits coming from different sources and being fed different food, or are they both being fed a mixture of two types of food?

No from the same place I think they are on a mixture of both at the moment

when you say a protector, do you mean a cover for the hutch?

i bought a tarpaulin and cut out a rectangle which hangs from the front of the hutch under the roof. i use the eyelets in the tarpaulin to hold it in place with hooks along the front of the run. this makes an effective rain shield so the water can run off and keeps the majority of the run dry.

bringing them home in one carrier should be fine. i'm assuming they are a bonded, neutered pair?

aww its so exciting preparing for new arrivals :D

I can see one glaring omission....TOYS! Bunnies love having things to play with and they require stimulation from objects to interact with.

Hi

Thanks yes I meant a protector for the weather thats a good idea - they aren't neutered its an unplanned litter that somebody has but they are from the same litter so I presume that they will be bonded that way- sorry if I'm new to all this so I'm still learning hope I'm not sounding to stupid ! I've posted another post about when they will need seperating if they are a boy and a girl (its not known yet as they are still only a few weeks old)

Sorry meant to quote Mrs Munkee

You'll need loads and loads of toys too.

I've got a cardboard tube, some willow balls (I warn you these don't last long and they are munched in a few days), willow sticks, a branch of apple tree, a wobbly toy, a mineral chew, a carrot tree thing from P&H, a rattle ball with a bell in it, some chewy sisal carrots, and a couple of other things too.

I possibly spoil mine with toys but I don't like the idea of them being bored.

They're having a run built which will include one of these in there...

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/truhome/truoutdoorsports/truoutdoorsportslittletikes/734705

I'm not buying it special its just one the kids have outgrown and got the idea from here to give it to the buns.

Edit: just read your reply so ignore most of my questions :)

------------------
Are you buying from a pet shop? and are they babies?

If so what gender are they?

Things I couldn't live without are:

Good quality hay
Good quality pellets
Bottle brush cleaners for the water bottles
A good dustpan and brush
Wound powder
Willow products - I get a large willow ball and stuff it full of Timothy Hay, keeps them busy for hours.
Carefresh or Megazorb for the litter tray

Also before you get them and you have a nice clean empty hutch alot of people put sticky lino tiles down in the hutch floor. It really helps with future cleaning. My hutch is tiled and then I have carpet on top of that in the living area and in the toilet area I have the litter tray and bedding round it so its easy to walk on. My buns sleep in a cardboard box instead of the sleeping quarters which gives them more room.

Not saying you have to do this but its an idea. I go a little mad creating a nice environment for them though and have painted the inside of the hutch white then painted a flower scene! :lol:

Last edited:
Back