• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do you ever call your rabbits by their real names ?

madysmummy

Mama Doe
I have mady and moses but hardly ever call them by that

mady is normally mady-moo or moo, but also gets called mooface as well
and moses is little moe or moe or Mr moe, or mr man
:?

Come to think of it, no :lol: Dillon is either Dill or DD (as called by little nephew) but don't know why I stand in the garden calling his name anyway as he is deaf :lol: Pippa was Pip or PP (as called by little nephew) when she was alive but I do call Connie by her full name.

Lian x

i use their real names, but also little pet names.

minstrel can be baby, little fluff, princess, bomble bum or bomble butt :lol:

cadbury can be baby or little man and when he's naughty, squiff bag! :lol:

Barley Sugar is always called Barley... (or Oi... what you doing now!!), and Candy Floss is always called Floss! Perhaps I was too "posh" when I thought of their names in the first place!

Hannah

Yes all of them seem to get called by their proper names at the moment. Sugarplum usually gets shortened to Sugar though :D

I tend to call Billy rabbutt a lot,like it winnie the pooh....used to have a grey rabbit who's real name was Heidi and she got called Mrs big grey bunnie and my french lop (bella) was madam or buggalugs...lol.

Bugsy gets called bugsy though and Blossom (in the pic) was always Blossom or Bloss.

Ooooh. :shock: Sometimes, but not often!

Barney is often referred to as 'Barney-Bob', 'My love', 'my Lovely' or 'Handsome Boy'... It's no wonder he has a big head! :lol:

Amber is always 'my fluffy girl', or is greeted with 'hey, Beautiful'.

Hazel... well, I call her Hazel-bunny quite a bit, but tend to talk to her with 'Hello my most beautiful one'... 'cos she really IS very beautiful.

Poor Bella was a baby when she came here... So I tend to refer to her with 'Hey, Pipsqueak!' even though she's nearly as big as her mother, who is the largest of the other three. :rolleyes: Or 'Titch'... I don't think she minds though, considering these names are usually followed by some tasty treat, or being taken out onto the grass.

Princess Caramel Shortcake II (came with the name) gets called Prin, Prinny, Pinny and Fat Rabbit!

Chance is Chancey or Chancerella

Lily is normally something resembling her name and Sandy is often Dopey!

My cats get weird name. Mr Darcy gets called Naan Bread.

Caesar is mostly referred to as Cheese

Harry is Harrington Smythe or Harence

And Buzz is more often than not Bumble....

Its weird isn't it?

oh now if you want to get into what the dog is called ...his real name is Titch but he gets called Parch,titchie,doodles,arnold,titcharnold,parchiehead.......shall I go on????

LOL

i call him "monster" alot! he isn't really a monster though. or "chuchy face" "squishy bun" tootie pie" pretty much any name that pops into my head at that present moment :oops: :lol:

My bunnies ALL have ridiculously silly nicknames that I tend to use much more often than their REAL names!!! :roll: :lol: :lol:

Barley Sugar is always called Barley... (or Oi... what you doing now!!), and Candy Floss is always called Floss! Perhaps I was too "posh" when I thought of their names in the first place!

Hannah

i havent called Peanut 'Peanut Butter' for about a year! i type it...but i never ever call him it....
lol!

I keep trying to get a pic of my group of five together.....Petal, Sky, Lucy, Felicity, and Tammy are a group. But I never seem to manage it.....a couple of them always manage to escape from the pic at the last second! :roll: :lol:

Most of the time its by a shortened version unless they are up to no good.

Lexi also gets called Mardy Moo or MooMoo too.

No:oops::lol:

We have Jojo aka Joseph (Joey)
Faefae aka effayee aka precious (Fae)
Early aka Earlywirl (Earl)
Sunnybunny aka Sunshine (Sun)
and Lulu or Pretty (Luna)

Well now you mention it....

Blackberry- Blacks
Bluebell- Bluebs
Daisy- Dais or Crazy
Rose-Rosie Roo

Seems like in our house we have to shorten the long names and lenghten the short one...:roll:

Same with the cats..

Max- Macker
Charlie- Chaz
Poppy- Pops

Rachel x

Back