• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Dont Think Fred Should Have Had His Myxo Vacc- U/D HE MADE IT :-)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I discussed at length with Christabel whether Fred should be vaccinated given that he has a suspected Lymphoma. TBH I hoped Christabel would say 'no' but she said that he should be. Her reasoning being that in a multiple Rabbit environment it is necessary in order to minimise the overall risk of a disease outbreak.
I am now wishing I went with my gut instints (Theo, remember what I said yesterday before the vaccinations were done.......) as Fred is VERY poorly this morning :cry:

I am NOT blaming Christabel as I know all vaccinations carry a risk. But I truely wish I had refused to allow Fred to be vaccinated yesterday. If he dies, which is very likely given how he is right now, I will feel 100% responsible.

:cry:

Janex

Last edited:
Oh goodness jane, I'm sorry :(
I hope Fred will start to improve throughout the day. Sending lots of vibes for the little man x x x x

oh no...come on Fred you can get through this. As you know we have recently been in a very similar situation to this and although its easy to say and harder to do, please don't blame yourself. We do the best we can for our bunnies, that's all we can do.

Thinking of you and sending vibes for Fred

Poor Fred.....

It is so stressful knowing what is the right thing to do when you have a bun that you know may not react well to a vaccine.

Sending lots and lots of positive vibes to Fred. I hope he will be o.k.

I know somebody on heres bunny didn't react well to a vaccine recently and the vet suggested that next time he had his jab that he be given an anti inflammatory too...not sure what that does and how it would benefit.

Lots and lots of get well vibes to Fred and hugs to you Jane

Nicola and Harvey xxx

I discussed at length with Christabel whether Fred should be vaccinated given that he has a suspected Lymphoma. TBH I hoped Christabel would say 'no' but she said that he should be. Her reasoning being that in a multiple Rabbit environment it is necessary in order to minimise the overall risk of a disease outbreak.
I am now wishing I went with my gut instints (Theo, remember what I said yesterday before the vaccinations were done.......) as Fred is VERY poorly this morning :cry:

I am NOT blaming Christabel as I know all vaccinations carry a risk. But I truely wish I had refused to allow Fred to be vaccinated yesterday. If he dies, which is very likely given how he is right now, I will feel 100% responsible.

:cry:

Janex

Oh Jane! after we were dicussing this yesterday, I really can't believe it, poor Fred, please don't blame yourself Jane you went with the advie given and I am not critising Christobel either, I really hope he pulls through, sending loads of vibes for Fred and hugs to you Jane

How is lovely Fred at the moment?

Has he eaten anything at all? I know I always rave on about it but when my buns are under the weather and go off their food they will have a nibble on the Herbal Garden mix by Rosewood. It smells really scrummy and encourages them to eat a little.

Lots and lots of positive vibes for Fred.

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Come on Fred you can do it.
Please don't blame yourself Jane. If he hadn't have had the injection he would have been at risk. I'm sending huge vibes Fred's way and a big kiss on the nose!!!

Poor Fred, i really hope he starts improving soon - don't blame yourself Jane, imagine if you hadn't had him vaccinated & he later got myxi & didn't make it? You'd blame yourself for that too. You're doing your best for him. :wave:

Back