• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

moulting....again.. is there ever too much???

nina83

Warren Scout
Can a rabbit moult too much? I mean can it be a sign of illness or anything???? Just miffy's been moulting so very much every day for the past 2 weeks and i mean massive big clumps of fur and she's got loads of fur that's sticking out all around her hips and tail area i'm just worried its too much....our other bun parsley isnt moulting atall (they've got different furhers is thick his is thin)

Last edited:
My 2 seem like they have been moulting forever - not massive clumps but every day I have to attempt to groom them (not always possible) and their hutch needs a good de-fluffing everyday.

Can't believe they have lost so much fluff between two of them - I am sure I could have had another rabbit from it all:lol:

I was wondering this about Fae earlier...the amount shes moulting is crazy, its been for about 3 weeks now...All the others have stopped. I know its just a natural moult though, its just the time of year:)

My 2 have been moulting for at least the last 6/8 weeks - furiously. Every time I groom them it comes out in droves - if you know what I mean....:shock:

Glad it's not just mine then she feels sos kinny without all her layers of fluff though and looks ridiculous

This is what Squidgy looked like last year :shock:
P3300015.jpg

He's not moulting as badly this year, but he still looks a little scruffy and has done for the past month.

oh wow the poor thing, i'll try and get a piccy of Miffy....she looks like she's got mange or sommat lol

We did get him checked for mites, but it was just a severe moult. The fur was so short there that it was like he'd shaved and it was just growing back:lol:

Back