• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cat flap

redd1800

Warren Scout
Just put a cat flap onto the shed to improve the bunnies access to the garden, they're comfortable using it when its propped open, but aren't using it when the flap closes. Any hints?

I know with my cats I had to gently push their head through the hole so they knew it opened and so they knew it only needed a gently push, then put some tasty food on the other side. I dont think any animal would willingly want the shove its face into a solid surface, so I assume it'll be the same for buns. I have a cat flap for my shed (not yet in use) and have planned the cat method. Good luck, I'm sure they'll soon get the hang of it. :)

As soon as I got my Flopsy he went into his new hutch which we had altered to have a catflap in order to get down into his run, via a tunnel. I was worried at first but decided to let him check it out for himself first.

No problems - it took him a whole of about half a day to suss it out and even when I introduced his new lady (Jem) it took her no time at all as well.

Didn't even need to show them how - just left them to fathom it out.

Back