• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hoow long for fur to grow back?

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
Lolly was spayed about 5 weeks ago now and she still has a bald belly it doesn't look like anything is growing back, whats everyone elses experience with it please?

I think it varies from rabbit to rabbit. Prus fur from her op has grown back really quickly, whereas I had another which took about 6 months.

Hope you are ok :wave:

Kendra had to be re-shaved to get the stitches out 10 days later:lol:

One of my fosters took several months though:D

Daisy was spayed last year and her fur seemed to grow back fully within a few weeks.
Blackberry however was spayed early feb- it took about 6 weeks for ANY fur to show- then it seemed to grow down the middle leaving 2 baldish patches either side. she was at the vets around that time for her vaccinations and the vet said he thought she was pulling it out as her skin was a little red- I couldnt see any fur in her home so I hadnt thought of that.
Now 2.5 months later she still has a bit of bald but it has about 80% grown back fully.

Rachel

Rosies has never grown back after her spay. She was done about 4 months ago I think. She does have a little bit of down but is otherwise as bald as a boiled egg. Doesn't seem to bother her at all.

Back