• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think i may have done the wrong thing .....U/D*PICS*

Hugbut

Mama Doe
I was in p@h today & made the mistake of glancing at the rehoming bit.There was a female bun in there, 18 months old who i thought could make a good wife for Hugo.I ended up bringing her home.I'm now wondering if i have been stupid.She's unspeyed, so i'll have to get her done before i introduce her to Hugo and i'm worried what i'm going to do if they don't bond :(
My OH didn't mind me bringing her home & he's taken quite a shine to her - although she is shy, she seems to have a good nature, but i've got this feeling that i've done the wrong thing.
I think i've been a bit of an idiot.

Last edited:
I don't think so. :) You stopped her from potentially staying in there for months and getting an 'allergy' or going to someone completely unsuitable and maybe ending up in a rescue after a horrible time......

No you haven't you've given her a wonderful home. Don't worry about things until they happen. I'm sure you will be able to bond them with all the advice there is on the forum. Good luck. :wave:

Congratulations! :) You haven't done the wrong thing. How could giving a bunny a home be wrong, don't let anyone tell you different. :)

I hope they make the perfect couple! :D

Congratulations! You've definitely done the right thing! I'm sure the bond will be ok :) Martha and Walt were locked on fighting when I first introduced them and now they love each other :D

Congratulations! You've definitely done the right thing! I'm sure the bond will be ok :) Martha and Walt were locked on fighting when I first introduced them and now they love each other :D

Mine were the same. Fought like demons, lumps of fur flying - but now they adore each other. They are always together and sit cuddled up snoozing outside all day. Stick with it. You did the right thing.

:wave:I THINK YOU HAVE MADE A GREAT DECISION, WITHOUT YOU THAT BUN COULD OF STAYED UNWANTED, WELL DONE, I HOPE THEY WILL BOTH BE VERY HAPPY:love::love:

Aw no, don't feel bad. You've given her a lovely home!
I was in P@H over the weekend and there is a REW in their rehoming bit. Its such a tiny pen and he looks so lonely, but I've no room at all. :(
How does the P@H rehoming/adoption thing work? Do you have to give them a donation for the animal?
However, I did earwig on a convo between store assistant and a couple thinking of buying a bun. When the assistant had gone I quite shamelessly :oops: turned to them and said I could fill them in on a buns requirements if they'd like as we have 12.
So ensued a long chat with them and I spoke about rescue centres with them and how it'd be more cost effective etc for them to donate to a rescue for a bonded pair rather than buy from P@H and have to neuter etc themselves. Also pointed them in the direction of here and the Happy Hutch co. for lots of space at cheaper than P@H.
Then left them to it and happily observed them looking at the buns one more time and then lee empty handed :D Woo hoo!!

Sorry! Went off on one there!! Congratulations on your new addition!! :D

Thanks for your support everyone - i'm feeling a bit better about things today :wave:
Fairy13 - to adopt her from p@h, i had to fill in & sign an adoption form - basically saying i'd give her a good home etc. i also had to give a £13 donation to their charity (which i was told gets divided between 4 other animal charities) i've got to say, although i'm not p@h's biggest fan, the person who dealt with me seemed to know alot more about rabbits than some of their staff & asked lots of questions about what sort of home the bun would be going to, it was nice to talk to someone who seemed genuinely concerned about the buns welfare & not just getting rid of her :)
Oh, and good on you for educating the people in the petshop :)

With all my worry yesterday, i forgot to even tell you about the new bun :lol:
She's a chocolate brown & white dutch - pics to follow just as soon as i find the cable for my phone.

Thanks again everyone :wave:

I was in p@h today & made the mistake of glancing at the rehoming bit.There was a female bun in there, 18 months old who i thought could make a good wife for Hugo.I ended up bringing her home.I'm now wondering if i have been stupid.She's unspeyed, so i'll have to get her done before i introduce her to Hugo and i'm worried what i'm going to do if they don't bond :(
My OH didn't mind me bringing her home & he's taken quite a shine to her - although she is shy, she seems to have a good nature, but i've got this feeling that i've done the wrong thing.
I think i've been a bit of an idiot.

I have done the same before as well, at the end of the day it was your decision so dont let anyone tell you otherwise. I would love to see pictures:D
Sallyx

You haven't done the wrong thing. Because of you this little bun will have a lovely caring home. How could that ever be wrong? Congrats on the new addition :)

A chocolate and white Dutch?!?!? :shock: NO....you did the WRONG THING....you had better send her to ME immediately - just to make yourself feel better!!!!! :p ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah.....congratulations on your new bunny! And I don't *think* that I would have been able to walk away from THAT one, either!!! ;) :lol: :lol:

A chocolate and white Dutch?!?!? :shock: NO....you did the WRONG THING....you had better send her to ME immediately - just to make yourself feel better!!!!! :p ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah.....congratulations on your new bunny! And I don't *think* that I would have been able to walk away from THAT one, either!!! ;) :lol: :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I know where to send her if it all goes pear shaped then :lol::lol::lol:

As promised - not great as they are phone pics :wave:

Copyofbun2.jpg

Copyofbun.jpg

Back