• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yet another bonding thread

GemmaH

Mama Doe
I've just been and checked on the bunnymooners again. All seems ok (apart from a couple of tufts of fur on the floor). I've not seen any aggression displayed - apart from when I first introduced them yesterday after which I separated them for a short while and then tried again.

As far as I can see Willis is trying his best to ignore Honey but she's interested in him and every now and then she goes for a sniff then he thumps and hops off. He doesn't always hop far, but just away from her then finds somewhere else to lie.

Is this usual behaviour 24hrs in?
Can eyesight be an issue in bonding? Willis is a REW and I have wondered about his sight, I did seem to make him jump a couple of times when he was in the kitchen after he first arrived.

Thank you!

Hello there,
If there is no agression then I take that as a very good sign :D amd I am sure their relationship will improve. It is still very early days and they will still be learning about each other. How big an area are they in - can you give them some cardboard boxes to explore/play in?

Rosie kept her distance from BJ at first - mainly I think because he was a hump monster. She gradually relaxed around him and now apart from a couple of tufts of fur all seems well between them. They have been together for three weeks now.

I am a bonding novice so I am not sure how often it is 'love at first sight!' I would feel tho that there is more likely to be a gradual understanding and relaxation between the bunnies involved.

I know how easy it is to fret - ask Kay :roll:
Best wishes and cuddles to the buns!
Vanessa xx

If they are tolerating each other at the moment then (usually) the next step is one of them giving in and grooming the other. I'd be inclined to encourage this happening by giving them copious head strokes to get their respective smells onto each other. Just my thoughts.

Neil

Back