• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Rescue Bunny - Please meet Josie

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Hi there all

Thought you'd like to meet a little bun who we have just collected from a home nearby.

Nice enough woman who works with my sister in law - so you understand why I had to tread carefully and not read the riot act.

Didn't want her bun anymore. This bun used to live with a neighbour but their kids got bored so she was passed along. She was now being offered up to a new home because she was running loose in the garden and had just started digging. The current owner thought she was going to get out so she put her in her hutch but didn't want to see her stuck in there - not surprised after seeing the squalid condtions that she was living in.

My OH and I decided to take her on and try and rehome her in order that she was at least safe. We are so pleased we made this decision as finding how she was living today made my heart sink. She had a 3x1 wooden box on the mud with no litter or bedding. She had no bowl - just food (mix) scattered on the mud. The run itself was tiny but worse than that it was a couple of bits of wood with a few bits of chicken wire attached that didn't even meet up. There was a bit of kitchen worktop on the top to cover up the gaps.

Remarkably though, she is in pretty good order. I guess all the running around and copious amounts of grass has kept her fit and slim.

I don't feed mix so asked for some of her food so that I can wean her onto a more suitable food gently, but the lady didn't have any left.

I think that the lady was a very nice person but yet again it proves to me that it's a total lack of understanding that puts these wonderful creatures at massive risk.

I was given a donation to help with spaying and vaccination. I'm told she's atleast 3 and never been vaccinated; only time will tell if she has uterine cancer already.

Would you like to see her?

We've renamed her Josie - a very hormonal and bitey lady indeed (may be perfect for Timmy at ARC then!!!!:lol:)

img_10162.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

Last edited:
:love: Oh my word Helen, she is stunning! *racks brains to think of a reason to visit ;) *

Maybe she won't be so bitey once she's sorted out, or is that a lost cause.

Hi Helen, she's lovely! Glad she's ended up with lovely bun people.

I think she looks very much like my little bun, Willow. What do you think?

DSCF1498.jpg

As you say, she looks in healthy condition considering her living arrangements and lack of care. Well done to you for rescuing this dear little thing - it is heartwarming to know she will be well looked after now. I love lops too and she is absolutely gorgeous!

So glad she has found safety and care with you.
xx

:love: Oh my word Helen, she is stunning! *racks brains to think of a reason to visit ;) *

Maybe she won't be so bitey once she's sorted out, or is that a lost cause.

You don't need an excuse Jill!

Now I'm feeling better from the lergy, you're welcome over.

Come over when Edi and Sally get home from Janice's.:D

By the way, don't think that they biteyness will last - just hormones (and the previous owners very small son) I am sure.

As you say, she looks in healthy condition considering her living arrangements and lack of care. Well done to you for rescuing this dear little thing - it is heartwarming to know she will be well looked after now. I love lops too and she is absolutely gorgeous!

So glad she has found safety and care with you.
xx

We almost caller her Bonnie, bonniebunny, but she's a bit blokey for such a lovely name!:lol:

Having been observing her in the run on the grass for quite a while now, we are also going to be calling her Whizzy Izzy!! She's apparently an Isabella colour and she runs like the wind!

More photos later if she stands still long enough.

Update: Well she didn't sit still but she had a lie down from too much exercise!

img_10212.jpg

Last edited:
She looks a little bit lighter than my Cloud, who's supposed to be opal. But she looks like a mini-lop, too. Maybe the two are from the same breeder. She looks very sweet. :)

Back