• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Increased Price of Hay?

Has anyone else noticed the price of hay going up???

I know it was said to go up at the beginning of the year (due to the weather last summer) but what are peoples personal experiences.

Where I buy hay it has increased in price from about £3.70 to £4.40 - an almost 20% increase (or something similar - I never pay that much attention :oops:!) but I know it has increased a fair bit!

This is for a standard 3ft ish size bale.

Hannah

Hi, yes , we've been crippled this year with the cost of hay and animal feed. We have horses, goats and sheep, as well as rabbits and guinea pigs and buy big 4 foot round bales. They have gone up from £15 to £20, and most of the 20kg bags of food have gone from about £7 to £9, the rabbit food has gone up by about £2 as well. Our suppliers say the prices are still going up because not only did we have a bad summer but the cost of fuel for transport has sky rocketed.

yep - everything has gone up for me - A&P have put pellet prices up, megazorb went up and hay is now £4 per bale... I had a bit of a shock when I went to pay at the farm and everything cost over £60! :shock: I've never managed to rack the price up that high before - all the little price increases sure do add up! :roll:

Timmy hay has shot up here from £3.25 for a tiny bag to £4.05! I thought it was a mistake but the poor owner told me all her costs have gone up like rent, supplies, petrol, heating, electricity, wages etc.

The small bales have gone up where I used to get them from from £2.20 to £4 per bale:shock: But the big round ones have stayed the same as no one can store them. I share one big round one a month for £20. It feeds 20 odd buns:D

Back