• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

There is something wrong with Rudy - U/D been to vets

loopylop

Wise Old Thumper
When I went down to feed Soph and Noodle this morning, Rudy was laying on his side and couldn't get up :cry: I thought he was dead, if I am truthful and yelled for o/h in a panic - whenI shouted Rudy flinched but couldn't get up. I can see the newspaper is scratched from where he had been trying to get up :cry:

I have taken him out of his cage for his breakfast and he seems to be running around ok and is eating absoltely fine but he has also woken up with a runny eye. He had this not long ago and some Futha - something - cream worked and it was put down to a blocked tear duct.

He has also been losing his balance a little bit - he usually does this when he is getting excited for his food but this morning he lost his balance whilst sitting there eating his pellets :( I was sat with him and he came straight to me for a cuddle :cry:

Vibes would be grateful, I am phoning the vets as soon as they open to try and get him in asap.

As I type he is happily munching on his pellets, he also has a bowl of water incase he couldn't get to his water :cry:

Last edited:
Sending vibes for your little Noddle
Hopefully the Vet will cover all bases and treat him to cover things like middle ear infection/Inflammation in the CNS and EC.

Janex

:shock: Hopefully it's a middle ear infection and a course of antibiotics will sort it out. Sending vibes.

Thanks everyone, he has just been following me around the house and is feeling a little sorry for himself, poor little man :(

Will update you all when we have been to the vets, I hope it's easily sorted.

Can buns have strokes btw?! Is that something to consider?! :?

Thanks everyone, he has just been following me around the house and is feeling a little sorry for himself, poor little man :(

Will update you all when we have been to the vets, I hope it's easily sorted.

Can buns have strokes btw?! Is that something to consider?! :?

I think they can as when I took Pippa to the vets that is what the initial vet diagnosed her with. However I was sure it was EC and spoke to another vet the following day and she agreed that she would have diagnosed EC.

Pippa was totally collapsed though, she couldn't even hold her head up so it doesn't sound the same as she was (or as bad if that is what he has)

Has he been panacured??

Sending all the vibes I can & so are all the bunnies here who is namesake as helped xxx
Gypsy send you a very special hug and said she will give it you in person when she see youxxxxxxxx

Back