• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone else have a bun obsessed with climbing ?

Mart

Mama Doe
I always thought Bun's had a fear of heights ? but Pasha is obsessed with climbing.

Not content with climbing on his various boxes, and onto the sofa, sofa arms, sofa back, bookcase - he has now taken to trying to jump clean onto the bookshelf/sideboard thing straight from ground level (just over a metre from the ground).

He is obviously treating it as a challenge - as he can't quite make it, and end's up really scuffling his back paws in the last ditch effort to haul himself up. Obviously - this concerns us, and we jhave moved things around to try and prevent him from trying again - but he is now 'casing the joint' - trying to work out how he can find another route up there.

I should add - Pasha is a ND (although quite large) :)

Anyone have any other budding mountaineers ?

Martin

I think it's just a dislike of heights in terms of being picked up...

Thor loves to climb! At first he was a little timid about navigation, I think because he didn't get much exercise at the breeder's, but now he's an intrepid explorer! He's a bit funny about some surfaces though, luckily, considering my desk is a real no-go area!

i have a naughty monster who loves to climb but also thinks he's some kind of ravine jumper! :shock: he spends ages sitting on the arm of the sofa contemplating wether he can get to the other sofa, to the table... he gives me palpatations!

when he's really overexcited and bounding around, he'll jump onto the sofa, onto the back of it..... and slide right off and onto the floor! i'm just going :shock::shock::shock::shock: and checking him all over for him only to go and do it again!

I think it's just a dislike of heights in terms of being picked up...

Thor loves to climb! At first he was a little timid about navigation, I think because he didn't get much exercise at the breeder's, but now he's an intrepid explorer! He's a bit funny about some surfaces though, luckily, considering my desk is a real no-go area!

Maybe it's to get a better view of your "Maximum cuddles":lol:;)

Penny thinks she is a squirrel. She even tries to jump up on walls. But her sight is not the best, I think. Cloud likes to hang on the wire mesh with all four feet, trying to find that gap where he could escape from the run. :rolleyes:

I have fostered several bunnies that liked to climb, it's very scary and frightened the wits out of me, I was always worried in case they got into an ajoining pen and had a fight.

Scamp climbs, seems quite common in wild rabbits so maybe more natural than we'd expect. Casing the joint is a pretty accurate description of what I've seen him do too, he'll climb around to access it and see if he can jump from a different angle.

Scamp climbs, seems quite common in wild rabbits so maybe more natural than we'd expect. Casing the joint is a pretty accurate description of what I've seen him do too, he'll climb around to access it and see if he can jump from a different angle.

Bobtails had 4 wild baby bunnies when we visited them about two years ago. They were all climbing up the mesh, it was very funny to watch.

We have 3 climbers here. Suns never shown an interest, she just runs around like road runner all day, and Earl hasnt shown us any climbing skill yet either...but our younger 3 have been in some scary places straght from ground level...top of the sofa, this desk, top of the bed, windowsills and cabinets...Joey sat and watched a whole dvd with us tonight perched on the top of the sofa:D Were going to invest in one of those cat tree things when we have a bit more money

What's ND?

ANyhoo, w/ my bridge bunny Little Happy, he used to hop on the monitor box, then hop on my pre-amp and power amp, chew the cables on those amp., then hop on the top of my pre-amp, reach to the edge of the speaker, and chew the fabric of the speaker.

phoebe loves sitting on the little tables we have and on the back of the sofa, he usally does a run and dive on to the sofa - crazy boy :lol:

Poppy loves to climb, we have found her on the window sill and high shelves lots of times, usually with her nose in a bag of food I though was well out of the way :roll: Her favorite spot is sitting onto of the dog crate watching thw world go by. Gussy get scared jumping onto the sofa :lol: i think it just depends on the bun. Although someone oncce told me a theory that the dominant bunny like to be higher up than the others :?

Poppy loves to climb, we have found her on the window sill and high shelves lots of times, usually with her nose in a bag of food I though was well out of the way :roll: Her favorite spot is sitting onto of the dog crate watching thw world go by. Gussy get scared jumping onto the sofa :lol: i think it just depends on the bun. Although someone oncce told me a theory that the dominant bunny like to be higher up than the others :?

Piper is the dominat one in my group and she hates hieghts - shes a big chicken :lol:

Lopsy loves to climb!!! I have to be really careful when shes out in the garden and also in the shed i have to watch where i place the hutches incase she climbs!

Its funny to watch seen as though shes so big!!!

Yep I call Bamber commando bun. He's a mini lop with no fear. The highest he has got so far is the picnic table, he jumps onto the bench seating first then up onto the table and sometimes he leaps off the table onto the gravel below :shock:

Jack's Jane's bun, I think it was Lord Lopsey, climbed up on to someone's conservatory roof!

Rabswood

Back