• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Okay so im changing from shavings to megazorb. Its in my car ready. How do i use it lol. Like shavings, all over or what?

Please....someone lol:wave:

You can either use it as litter in the litter tray OR on the floor of the hutch. One of the other, not both, or they'll use the whole hutch as a litter tray.

Durr am so stupid lol. Thanks alot.
I already use cat litter so why i didnt just think, :oops:

My french lop lopsy, always picks up the litter trays and fights with them. Any advice?

Yes the litter tray! I dont know what her problem is with it she just doesnt like it, ive tried different styles and colours - nothing seems to work!!

I have just had her spayed so this could hopefully make a difference!!!!:D

Just put about an inch of megazorb on the bottom of the tray and put some hay at the front of it to encourage them to use the tray as bunnies tend to like to chomp as they go!! There isn't any need to put anything on the rest of the hutch floor at the moment apart from toys, in fact that may well discourage your rabbit from using anywhere else as a litter tray. Place the litter tray in a corner and put the food bowl in one of the other corners so that corner doesn't get used as a toilet either.

Just put about an inch of megazorb on the bottom of the tray and put some hay at the front of it to encourage them to use the tray as bunnies tend to like to chomp as they go!! There isn't any need to put anything on the rest of the hutch floor at the moment apart from toys, in fact that may well discourage your rabbit from using anywhere else as a litter tray. Place the litter tray in a corner and put the food bowl in one of the other corners so that corner doesn't get used as a toilet either.

So what do i use on the floor or dont i?
I have just ordered some vet bed which will arrive wednesday!

how do i use megazorb with guniea pigs??

I used to use megazorb on the floor. You can do whatever you like with your hutch. Maybe put vetbed on the floor of the hutch and use megazorb in the litter tray?

Okay so how do i go about it with guniea pigs as they are in an indoor cage if you get me! Can i just cover the floor with megazorb!?

You can put a peice of vet bed down if you want. Here's what my hutch looked like, but I've since cut the vetbed area down:
DSC01348.jpg

You've probably realised I removed the bedding partition and put in a pet carrier instead as I found they used the bed compartment as their toilet area!! I realised that when they were in the carrier during trips to the vet etc they never soiled it so it seemed a good idea to put that there. The other reason was that as I was initially nervous of carrying my flighty grumpy Floss to the run every day it was much easier to use the carrier as she used to run into it anyway!!

I have lino in my hutches and just use litter in the buns trays. Willow has turned into a destructive litle madam and has started tipping the trays all over the hutch but atleast with lino down you can just sweep it out and wipe over with a damp cloth. Shes being spayed next Thurs so hopefully she'll settle. I have vetbed in the top half of the hutch but she keeps throwing it down the ramp! :lol:

For your piggies you can just use it all over like you would with shavings. My oldest boar has a dust allergy so he's got lino and little trays but he's not very houseproud and goes were he likes anyway!

Intresting about the different materials in deffertn areas of hutch, my buns have wood shaving in hutch and litter tray (had a buck that took likein to eating litter:roll: )

and never had a problem with them messing in bed, as obv in bunnies are naturlly clean, and will only mess in hutch if they are shut in there over night

the new buck is not having any of using the ladies litter tray so have had to provide a new one for his chosen corner!

I thought cat litter was bad for rabbits?

:wave: 100% paper cat litter like Back to Nature is fine for bunnies - but you're right generally, you should never use clumping/clay based or ones that are 'paper based' [i.e they're part paper, part something else]

Back