• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Hop Inn, Essex-anyone used this 4 boarding?

clairen

Warren Scout
Hi :wave:,

Am looking for some boarding facilities for my 2 pairs of rabbits for 1 week over the new year period. The Bunny Hop Inn is local to me, has anyone used this? Would you recommend it or any other lodgings in the Essex / North London area? Or otherwise I would consider a pet-sitting service who will come to the house to feed them, clean out, etc? Am willing to travel to ensure they are well cared for.

Please pm me if you don't wish to comment on the general forum.

Thanks, Claire :D

I've not been there but if it's fairly close I would go along and take a look for yourself. A few things to consider -

Do they only board rabbits, or do they board other animals as well. Apart from the noise of dogs etc which could be unsettling, lot of places I've seen also board ferrets and in particular if they use the same accommodation, the smell etc could really freak rabbits out as they are a predator.

What sort of accommodation do they offer? What size is it? How secure against escape & predators is it? Is there additional exercise space? If so, where is it - and again escape/predator proofing.

What do they feed? How knowledgeable are they about rabbit diet, hay etc?

Chat about rabbit behaviour - are you comfortable that they could spot a poorly rabbit and have a good vet should it be needed?

Does it look easy to keep clean and disinfect - are animals separated sufficiently to prevent spread of disease and do they disinfect properly between animals - what do they use. Do they insist on animals being vaccinated and check vaccination cards on arrival?

Don't feel afraid to say you'll think about it - or even better just ask if you can come and have a look so you know what is available if you need boarding - that way you don't put any pressure on yourself to commit.

Hope that helps a bit!

I've also heard good reports about the bunnery at Takeley, just up the M11 near j8. I keep meaning to go for a nose but haven't got round to it yet. I usually take mine to Caroline's at the Rabbit Residence in Herts; she has a couple of sheds which she uses for boarders from time to time.

Whereabouts is it? I would be interested to know what it's like too, just as a back up option if ever I need one.

I'm going to board my bunnies at Bunny Hop Inn. I have been to see it. It's fab and it's very clean, and looks very predator-proof.

I've also heard good reports about the bunnery at Takeley, just up the M11 near j8.

We're regular customers of The Bunnery, Bromsgrove and The Bunnery, Cannock ... both of which are FAB :D I know it'll be great as we know the owner of the "chain" and she has the HIGHEST standards! Definitely go and look and consider it!

I have visited the Bunny Hop Inn.

Good set up, though hard for house rabbits as its a large shed with big cages and then 4 hours outside each day. Was impressed with the set up though

Thanks everyone for the replies, really helpful :wave:

I'm going to visit the Bunny Hop Inn and Bunnery as they are closest to me (and it's a bonus if we don't have to drive hours on Boxing day for drop-off). I'll suss out the accommodation and ask all the questions you suggested.

Thanks also Sarah Jane and BentleyJen for offering to help out, I'm a fair way from you but will call on your help if these local places are a no-go (I'll know by next weekend).

I'll post again once I have visited with details of what is on offer there.

Thanks once again, Claire x

Back