• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rattling?????

cheryl21

Warren Scout
I brough Stella and Bud in the house last night to give them their veg as usual.

After they had eaten it all up and were just settling down to have a snooze before going back in the outhouse, Stella started making funny noises. She was lying in her usual spot and relaxing when I heard something funny. I turned down the TV and could hear like rattling noises - I can't think of another way to describe it:?!!! She was moving her mouth at the same time - it was like her teeth were chattering!!!!:shock: What does this mean!!!!! She had her teeth checked last thursday at the vets so I know they're ok.

Does anyone know what this noise is or what it means???!!

i think she was dreaming.

my hugo grinds his teeth when he is sleeping and we think he dreams of food.
he also grinds his teeth when he like something (like beeing stroked).

I knew that buns can grind their teeth when happy but I didn't expect it to sound like that!!! She probably was dreaming - she had her eyes closed too.

She loves being in the house.

Unfortunately, I don't think it would be fair to keep them as house rabbits as we just havent the room, and we both work long hours so I would have to keep them confined to a small space so they didn't get into any trouble!!! This way, they get a big hutch, the whole of the outhouse and a run attached to the door, which they access through a cat flap!!! Then when I come home, they get lots of attention indoors!!!

Not spoilt - honest!!! :? :roll:

I usually get chattery grinding from my buns but twice I've heard (foster buns I think) rattle like a bag of spanners! :D

I knew she was a happy bun cos she binkys all over the house - I've never in her whole life - well 18 months!!! - heard her do that!!!

Wow :D

My Biscuit started doing it about 6 months ago. She tends to do it in her sleep and when we're giving her a big fuss. She also did it when we panacured her. Odd bunny. Lily the foster bun does it too when she's asleep and when I'm stroking her. My other 3 don't

Back