• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buzzing bunny?!?!?!?

Zorro

Warren Scout
Zorro is making a short buzz noise as he runs around.

We will hear him charge about, then he'll hop up onto the settee, as he goes bombing past or when he hops up we can hear him making short bzzz bzzz noises:shock:

Anyone else's bunny make this kind of noise???

Zorro is 5 months old, un-neutered & an indoor bunny. We have no other pets & allow him free reign when he's out of his cage.

Zorro is 5 months old, un-neutered & an indoor bunny. We have no other pets & allow him free reign when he's out of his cage.

There's your answer. :) He's "courting" you! :lol: Neutering should stop this, and any other territorial behaviours such as spraying. :shock:

AMETHYST

Bella was a champion buzzer before being spayed. She still buzzes if she thinks I'm not putting her pellets down quickly enough, but mostly it's stopped since her spay.

:shock::shock::shock:Time for a trip for a snip I think:lol::lol::lol::lol:
Until then, think I'll get him a blow up bunny to hump:lol::lol::lol:

It probably is hormonal, although i have to say our Fae and Joey have both buzzed constantly since the day they arrived, and now 6 months after spaying Fae still buzzes all the time:lol: Its funny

alfie did this all the time before he got bobby as a friend and before he was neutred, he though I was a rabbit and buzzed around me non stop licking and grroming and snuggling up to me!:lol:

my little boy honks but he never buzzed :( i'm so jealous, i wanted him to buzz at least once before he was neutered but he never did :( :lol:

my little boy honks but he never buzzed :( i'm so jealous, i wanted him to buzz at least once before he was neutered but he never did :( :lol:

Yes Lauralou he might not buzz but he is in a league of his own lol...I wouldnt be surprised if he started talking one day!!!

Yes Lauralou he might not buzz but he is in a league of his own lol...I wouldnt be surprised if he started talking one day!!!

actually, i'm sure at night, when i'm in bed, i hear him singing love songs to the moon!

i'd love to hear a bunny buzzing though, someone film it, pllllease!

Will try and get some vid of Misty doing it, when I let her out the kitchen in the morning she goes mental with the buzzing. Will have camera at the ready tomorrow but she will probably for the first time not do it lol :lol:

Will try and get some vid of Misty doing it, when I let her out the kitchen in the morning she goes mental with the buzzing. Will have camera at the ready tomorrow but she will probably for the first time not do it lol :lol:

that would be great! thanks! i should try and get Carlton honking but it's such a quiet noise it probably wouldn't be picked up. i'd have to get him to hold a microphone or something and i can't see that happening! :lol:

Back