• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

flooring?...two of everything?...

leoandoliver

Young Bun
We are constructing a new indoor cage for my two mini rex's....What is the best flooring that is not too slippery for them? ( they wipe out on the bathroom floor sometimes,:lol: but everything I read says wire mesh is bad for thier feet)

Does anyone know if I have two in the cage, do I need two litter pans, two nesting houses, two food dishes etc? They like to sleep together right now in thier tiny cage but sometimes one will sleep in the litter box if the other is hogging the house.

You don't need two of everything. They should be content enough with each other to eat out of the same bowl, be in the same litter tray etc.

Carpet is not good for rexes feet, so I recommend covering the floor with vetbed.

I can't help you on the flooring, as I've two "fluffy" footed bunnies!

I've only just recently come to having two bunnies live together! I've only got one food bowl - but it's large enough so they can both get their heads in at the same time! I do have two water bottles (which I find good as one can sometime fall or get knocked off!). I have 3 litter trays at the moment, but this is more because litter training isn't going too well at the moment, perhaps one large enough that they can both get in - a cat one perhaps, same with the bedroom area - large enough for two buns to fit in!?

Hannah

for my rex I have foam exercise mats. they are great for her feet (she gets very soore hocks on concrete or carpet) but unfortunately her husbun guinness things that anything made of foam is delicious so they are getting smaller. :? but you could try them and hopefully your buns arent daft enough to eat them!

rex's feet.....

for my rex I have foam exercise mats. they are great for her feet (she gets very soore hocks on concrete or carpet) but unfortunately her husbun guinness things that anything made of foam is delicious so they are getting smaller. :? but you could try them and hopefully your buns arent daft enough to eat them!

Thanks for the advice........we went with self adhesive tiles for the lower floor for easier cleaning and the yoga mat for the upstairs"playroom" They definitley prefer the upstairs........We may change the lower floor over to this eventually but they still haven't gotten the litter box thing completley. They ALWAYS urinate in them.......but they like to randomly poo wherever they please...........about half the time in the box. Any suggestions anyone?

No, they are not nuetered yet, they are still too young.Not quite 10 wks. They are schedualed for 16wks. Will this improve after the surgery? I put hay in the litter box hoping this would help, but I know they are still babies and still learning................

Back