• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dermot-Acutely Ill :-( U/D 2000hrs- UNBELIEVABLE !! - PICS

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Having not had a GI 'episode' for almost 2 weeks Dermot has become very sick over the last couple of hours :cry:
He has had all his meds + fluids and is now on his heat pad.

:cry:

Janex

Last edited:
Me and Dusty have all fingers and paws crossed. x

Thank you everyone

Sarah, with Clover did she maintain her weight right til the end ? Dermot had been doing so well and only yesterday I realised he had put on a bit of weight. He is in moult but I am removing as much loose fur as possible every day. His diet remains the same and only tiny portions fed. He eats loads of hay. I just dont know what else I can do

Janex

Thank you everyone

Sarah, with Clover did she maintain her weight right til the end ? Dermot had been doing so well and only yesterday I realised he had put on a bit of weight. He is in moult but I am removing as much loose fur as possible every day. His diet remains the same and only tiny portions fed. He eats loads of hay. I just dont know what else I can do

Janex

Yes, her weight didn't change at all really. Have you tried changing him to 100% hay only? That gave Clover a few more days (that doesn't sound like much, I know, but she was going into stasis much more often than Dermot is by the end).

I might also have to change Dusty over to hay only soon - she's not doing too great either. :(

Thinking of you - I know exactly how you feel. x

So sorry to hear this. :( You're doing all you can. x

Although I know how hard that decision is.

Back