• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another day, another neglected bunny

Stephanie Cutler

Warren Scout
Well our very big family got bigger on friday. We have a new bunny called Pixie. She was braught into the sanctuary by neighbours of someone who had just moved and left poor Pixie in the garden in a broken carrier! just like that dumped! after 2 weeks the neighbour braught her in to Animals in need. Poor little thing she is so skinny and snotty with runny eyes.
Straight to the vets young lady! :lol: She is on Batrill ( not my fave) and the tyrasil eyedrops. Her eyes look better this morning:) The pure white discharge seems to be easing off. Obviously she needed to be braught home - the sanctuary bunnies are in a heated breezeblock barn - but this popit needed some creature comforts! Hot water bottle..check, bed by fire...........check.................digestive bic.......check and so on!
She is delightful realy cuddly--------- my bunnies are generaly not so cuddly--------- cant believe anyone could just leave her behind. The council have said they could disclose details of were the previous occupants are if we get the RSPCA involved in other words hand it over to the RSPCA but i would hate for Pixie to be passed from piller to post. the damage is done as when i left this morning she followed me into the porch:lol:

The Sanctuary owner thinks she could be 5yrs old but she seems quite young to me is there anyway of judging her age?

Oooh and yes she has binkeyed!:wave:

I cant believe she was just left to die evil:censored: I am so pleased she is now with you and getting lots of love and attention:D
Sallyx

Well I'm very glad that things are looking up for the little thing.:)

I may be wrong, but I thought vets could make a *good guess* at a rabbit's age through looking at their teeth? - Or am I confusing rabbits with something else???:?

TP;)

i think they can work out when they are a young or elderly bun, but i think its middle ages thats hardest

im so glad shes found some love...how cud sum1 live with themselves...so evil:cry:

Back