• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dodson and Horrell?

Pipstrel

Mama Doe
Does anyone feed it?

Is it a pellet or a mix?

My new bun is on it so want to get some for him to gradually move him onto SS.

Where can I get it from? Does it only come in big bags?

Sorry for all the questions!!

Helen x

I had it once for mine... they loved it. Its a pellet food. I think it only comes in big bags and I got it from the chap that I get my horse feed from x

i think we used to feed it a few years back because i saw in in a food wholesale place and it was very cheep.....maby like 6 quid for a huge 15-20kg bag

our dutch rabbit did eat it but wasnt overly keen.....i dont know about fibre content as at the time i wasnt aware that was important especialy as she was a free range bunny who had constant access to a huge lawn every day.....i just saw pellets and cheep so i bought it!!

i can't remember the name of the food place we got it from....i think it was in colevile area of leicester......which isnt much help as you are in sheffield! sorry:roll:

Thats the problem I'll change him over to SS almost straight away so only need about 2 weeks supply of it and he's only tiny so am sure he doesn't eat that much :(

We don't have any suppliers around here that sell rabbit feed either I have to drive for an hour to one near Barnsley :( Oh well i'll have to order a huge bag online probably

Dobson and Horrell do several feeds, Rabbit Mix, Rabbit Royale and the Pellets - so which is he on? I feed Rabbit Royale and thats a mix.

I feed my 15 fat fluffs D & H and they're happy with it. I think they would prefer the SS but it is just sooooo expensive and I don't think it is greater enough to justify the cost.

Can you not ask the place you are getting him from to give you a supply for two weeks....so you can then start to get him over to SS?

Ah I could only find one and it was Royale, couldn't find any others

Yeah their website is poo :roll: anyway heres the email i got from them about their feeds a few months ago:

Thank you for your enquiry about the differences between Rabbit Royale, Rabbit Mix and Rabbit Pellets.

There is a difference between the products as Rabbit Royale is aimed at pet owners and Rabbit Mix and Rabbit Pellets are a more cost effective option for professional breeders.

Rabbit Mix contains oats, barley, wheat, maize, grass, peas, wheatfeed, de-hulled soya bean, straw, glucose syrup, soya oil, dicalcium phosphate and limestone. Its nutritional content is: Protein 12.0% Oil 3.0%, Fibre 8.0%, Ash 4.5%, Moisture < 14%.

Rabbit Pellets contain grass, wheatfeed, de-hulled soya bean, nutritionally improved straw, barley, wheat, molasses, limestone, salt and dicalcium phosphate. It’s nutritional content is: Protein 17.0%, Oil 2.5%, Fibre 14.0%, Ash 7.5%, Moisture < 14%.

The Rabbit Royale has added herbs and carrots and also contains QLC antioxidants which help with the internal biochemistry of the rabbit. The ingredients are grass, wheat, oats , oatfeed, barley, peas maize, alfalfa, wheatfeed, de-hulled soya bean, herbs (marigold flowers, mint, nettle ) carrot, glucose, straw, soya oil, fruit and QLC natural plant extracts. Its nutritional content is: Protein 12.0% Oil 2.5%, Fibre 14.0%, Ash 6.0% Moisture < 14%.

Hope that is of interest!

Back