• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fibre content of Russel Rabbit

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me the ingredience, fibre, protein, oil and calicum content of russle rabbit and burgess supa rabbit mix for my dissertaion.

Also does anyone know if there is any adverse health affects caused by feeding a rabbit a food with a to high fibre level......and where this information came form

thanks

rachel

Both those foods are mixes, they are generally considered not very good - bunny will pick out the bad bits and leave the good bits, and not get all they nutrients they need. And they have quite a low fibre content, around 10% I think?

A better food would be Oxbow Bunny Basics, Allen & Page, Supreme Science Selective or Burgess Excel :) The actual nutritional values should be available from the companies' websites.

Rabbits should get a food with a maximum amount of fibre - there may be negative affects from low fibre levels, not high.

I couldn't find anything online, odd. Might be best if you give a pet shop a call/pop in and ask them to read it off of the side of the bag :)

Back