• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does size matter?

janice

Wise Old Thumper
Does size matter?
CIMG0157.jpg
this is a pairing up of 2 buns who live relatively local to me whom I started off about an hour ago, so far so good.

Last night I started Sally and her partner off, we are making slow progress there, they are rabbits who live with a lovely lady from the forum about 20 minutes drive away http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=124867

I am waiting the arrival of a another rabbit who hopefully will be paired up with a large black female lop I have here.

Later in the week I have another pair to come in, once I have freed up some more space for them.

I have not long started bonding another pair
CIMG0159-1.jpg

A large black female lop with a belgian hare crossed with a rex.

Interestingly enough the owner has mentioned she has had a number of problems with sore hocks on it :?

Last edited:
Blimey Janice you have your work cut out of late :shock:
I'd need therapy if I had that many bondings to attempt :rolleyes:

The BH x Rex is lovely, what a shame about his hocks :cry: The manager at the GC they came from told me all the BH x Rexes had bad tummies. Not sure if they all survived :cry:

Janex

Blimey Janice you have your work cut out of late :shock:
I'd need therapy if I had that many bondings to attempt :rolleyes:

The BH x Rex is lovely, what a shame about his hocks :cry: The manager at the GC they came from told me all the BH x Rexes had bad tummies. Not sure if they all survived :cry:

Janex

wonder why I am not going out to Tesco today, I have ventured out into the garden but that is as far as I will risk! All is very quiet at the moment :D

There were at least 2 apparently who had severe problems with mucoid enteritis, one died :(, this one almost died however due to hourly syringe feeding he has survived :)

The Belgian Hare cross looks like he is very busy producing some poos. :lol: Total concentration on the job!

Good luck with all your bondings!:wave:

wonder why I am not going out to Tesco today, I have ventured out into the garden but that is as far as I will risk! All is very quiet at the moment :D

There were at least 2 apparently who had severe problems with mucoid enteritis, one died :(, this one almost died however due to hourly syringe feeding he has survived :)

Oh, how sad that one died :cry:

Janex

Both these pairs are working well, the petite lionhead is currently eating more than her larger boy friend :shock: He is such a gentle giant.

The Belgium Hare x Rex with the large lop are doing well, he is now in the humping stage which she is tolerating really well.

I think we are going to have a successful 3 out of 3 this week. I hope the pair on Wednesday will be good as well.

If the little one is only a baby will the big one hump the poor little thing to an inche of its life :shock: ?

Bamber and Masie are a one big one small pairing but Bamber is the boy so his climbing on top of Maisie isn't a problem and besides he likes his women big :lol:

Rabswood

If the little one is only a baby will the big one hump the poor little thing to an inche of its life :shock: ?

Bamber and Masie are a one big one small pairing but Bamber is the boy so his climbing on top of Maisie isn't a problem and besides he likes his women big :lol:

Rabswood

He is such a softe and I think realises she is a tiny little thing and has not humped her at all. they are both snuggled at the moment. His previous owner tried to pair him up with a big girl without any luck, he wasnt the problem it was her.

I have done a few this way round without any problems. The only different sized one I did which didnt work was a nethie with a french lop, the nethie was a boy and the french lop was a girl. She was a fiesty character who wanted someone to dominate her, he couldnt :oops: and this failed I think because of this.

Back