• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When Sally met ......

janice

Wise Old Thumper
3 rabbits turned up tonight to see if I could make a pair out of 2 of them. After a quick discussion Sally has stayed with me, she is a very pretty lop and is currently in my pairing up pen with a lovely REW lop who is also deaf :(

So far all has been quiet apart from Sally keeps insisting on stamping her feet. They appear to both be playing hard to get, although Sally has had the odd moment of grooming her new partner. He keeps putting his head down as low as he can in the hope that someone might just happen to want to wash his ears :oops: Sally seems mainly interested in eating hay at the moment.

Knowing that they both have had problems with gut stasis in the past they have both had a low dose of maxalon to try and prevent any problems occuring.

Tonight I have good vibes ;)

Just a quick clip to show them together. Sally is trying to get at some veg which has been carefully positioned almost under her new boyfriend :D The lighting is not too good

It was a very quiet night, I got quite a bit of sleep. Sally is feeling very comfortable with her proposed partner, she is spending lots of time grooming herself ready for when she comes out to view the world. She is constantly eating the hay and very active around their penned off area. She continues to stamp her feet at times :roll: He remains quite withdrawn, I believe he was a little like this at home previously, he remains settled down in the hay. Last night he would eat pellets if I put them immediatly in front of him but didnt stretch out to get them, this morning his little head was stretching further away to hoover up bits of veggies and also a few pellets. My concern for him is that he stops eating as he was quite withdrawn, I am monitoring this closely and so far so good.

I still feel quite positive about this working, they just need time for him to build up his confidence and respond back to his intended ................. watch this space ............

Things are progressing in a positive way, he is now beginning to move about a bit more, I have caught them at lunch time with Sally grooming.

My worries about stasis are now less, he has just eaten some SS out of my hand, he snatched a brussell and some carrots out of my hand ... so things are getting better.

Oh Janice - thank you so much.

Just got in from work - don't have access to the forum there.

Thank you so much for posting the updates.

We have everything crossed her at home because they both deserve to have a wonderful friend for the rest of their lives.

Come on you two. Big bonding vibes.

Here's Sally

IMG_0816.jpg

And here's Edi.

IMG_0653.jpg

I so hope that it works - sure Janice will work her magic as usual!!!!

I so hope that it works - sure Janice will work her magic as usual!!!!

I have every faith in this working, Edi is actually getting bolder this evening. Every time I go past him I hand feed them a couple of pellets each, he is now steppign forward to get them out of my hand, Sally is more gentle with her approach, he tends to lunge but not in a nasty way.

There has been no chasing, humping ........... just a real calm .......... I need to be patient and just give them time and I am convinced that this will work.

Your next job is to think about when and who Poppy is goign to live with ;)

Your next job is to think about when and who Poppy is goign to live with ;)

Ooh, ooh,ooh, I know!!
My Timmy - you said you liked a challange!

Note for everyone else - The Duchess met Timmy at mine. He looks an angel but will run and jump at you grabbing hold of your leg with his teeth! You certainly don't put your hand in his hutch while he's in it either - ears go back, tail goes up and he's attached to your hand, blood flowing!
Who else would take him on? ;)

Ooh, ooh,ooh, I know!!

Note for everyone else - The Duchess met Timmy at mine. He looks an angel but will run and jump at you grabbing hold of your leg with his teeth! You certainly don't put your hand in his hutch while he's in it either - ears go back, tail goes up and he's attached to your hand, blood flowing!

Yeah!

He sounds like just the bun don't you think. My OH David really took a shine to this wee boy. Bring it on!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Does this mean I need to buy another one of my magic bonding tools I use for bonding? Chrissie and also Jack took chunks out of it :( Unfortunately Tesco dont sell them any more :cry:

We have turned the corner with these two lovely buns, Sally is now humping Edi on the odd occassion, he just accepts it and sits there. Edi is actually moving now instead of being glued to the spot, if I want to hand feed him he will go to where I am and is very keen to knock the food out of my hand! He doesnt seem to be so withdrawn which is really great news :D

Ooh, ooh,ooh, I know!!

*makes note* Do not let Donna talk you into fostering a bunny named Timmy, or one that looks like him, but has a different name..... :lol:

Glad your bonding week is going so well, Janice. :D

We have turned the corner with these two lovely buns, Sally is now humping Edi on the odd occassion, he just accepts it and sits there. Edi is actually moving now instead of being glued to the spot, if I want to hand feed him he will go to where I am and is very keen to knock the food out of my hand! He doesnt seem to be so withdrawn which is really great news :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Big grin developing on my face as we speak - but with cautious optimism.

Back