• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bagel is poorly now too :(

montyflossy

Alpha Buck
What with Molly being such a tired, poorly girl I have just got home to find Bagel looking uncomfortable and refusing his dinner :cry:
I have done cc and made him hop around.

Vibes for my old and poorly buns please (Bagel is at least 6 too this year)

:cry::cry::cry:

I can feel an expensive Monday with my vet coming on....

Oh Lucy, I am so sorry, loads of vibes for Bagel and big hugs to you, you really need them this week!!, good luck with them both xx

Bagel is still feeling poorly :cry:
Syringe fed him twice and he is snuggled up with Bonnie- his bit of stuff (she is 4 years younger than him :shock:)
If he is showing no improvement by bed time he will be residing in the kitchen with Bonnie and me :shock: and out comes vet Jeremy at 8am...

Bagel and Bonnie came in the kitchen with me last night. I had the most uncomfortable night ever on a bean bag and as Bonnie was feeling mighty fine she spent most of the night climbing all over me.
Bagel, however is no better. He is teeth grinding as of 3am and is not eating, drinking or going to the toilet. We will be going to the vets at 8.30. I have just syringe fed water since midnight in case he has a blockage - is this the right thing to do?!
:cry:

Bagel and Bonnie came in the kitchen with me last night. I had the most uncomfortable night ever on a bean bag and as Bonnie was feeling mighty fine she spent most of the night climbing all over me.
Bagel, however is no better. He is teeth grinding as of 3am and is not eating, drinking or going to the toilet. We will be going to the vets at 8.30. I have just syringe fed water since midnight in case he has a blockage - is this the right thing to do?!
:cry:

Oh dear :cry:

Only syringing water is most definately the right thing to do. There is no point syringing a feed if nothing is moving
I do hope Bagel will be OK, please update us when you can

Janex

I'm sorry to hear there has been no improvement overnight Lucy. Willing the clock to speed up till 10am! Vibes to you and Bagel.

I know Hilda, me too!
I have seen plenty of buns experiencing gut problems but never so flat and unresponsive as Bagel is right now. My vet knows I class this as urgent and will come as quick as he can.
Bagel won't even swallow the warm water I just tried to syringe him.

Molly is still with us - very slow but eating her hay and grass and sleeping lots. She seems to be comfortable but I will also be monitoring her closely.

I know Hilda, me too!
I have seen plenty of buns experiencing gut problems but never so flat and unresponsive as Bagel is right now. My vet knows I class this as urgent and will come as quick as he can.
Bagel won't even swallow the warm water I just tried to syringe him.

Molly is still with us - very slow but eating her hay and grass and sleeping lots. She seems to be comfortable but I will also be monitoring her closely.

Have you got Bagel on a heatpad?
He will need as much of an additional heat source as possible as it sounds as though he is going into shock :cry:
I would not administer anything orally from now on, he may aspirate it.
As much warmth as possible and roll on 10am......

Janex

Bagel is wrapped in a blanket on a mat in the kitchen. I have just rung my vet to ask him to come asap. I think I might be losing him my vet will be here within the hour :cry:

Back