• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maya's Photoshoot-U/D Advice Needed Please Pg 2.....

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Maya is getting on in years now (7+) Over the last few months she has developed some health problems but she still looks beautiful :love:

Well, I think so anyway!!

Picture2317.jpg

Picture2316.jpg

Picture2318.jpg

Janex :)

Last edited:
oh, she really does. She's a complete stunner, you'd never tell she was an aged lady. :love:

p.s. How's the Bobbie tale coming? :)

I am having mega problems with her feeding. She appears to have tooth root issues aswell as 'something going on' in her oesophagus. She's bonded with Zac but I have to hand feed Maya day and night as she will only/can only eat Wagg Pellets and Apple. Of course Zac wants to pig out on that too and I dont want him to.

Do you think it would be cruel if I were to seperate them overnight so as Maya can have a good feed and Zac will just have hay? I am getting a bit :shock::shock::shock: from all the night hand feeds-fending-off-Zac shifts

Janex

What about shutting him out in the run for 10 minutes and feeding him out there? A short seperation shouldn't cause too many problems? They should soon get used to that routine. :) I have to direct Doris into the hutch and DOugal into the run when feeding veg to prevent theft occuring. Mind you, I was giving them green beans today and Doris stood on Dougals head with both feet to get the beans first! :lol: :lol:

Yes, they'd be right next to each other. Its just that Maya 'grazes' on the Wagg pellets 24/7. She has not touched any variety of hay/grass for over 6 months. We had hoped that a Dental would help but despite 2 proceedures she still refuses all food but Wagg pellets and Apple. I am actually beginning to wonder if she has gone a bit gaa-gaa :? I am not convinced that her problems are entirely physiological.

:?

Janex

why not just put her next to him divided by wire, or in a smaller crate in his pen or whatever - I know other people seperate their bunnies at night with no problems next day, and you don't need to do it EVERY night - just a couple nights a week when you're totally shattered?

she is gorgeous by the way - I LOOOOOVE magpie/harlequin colouring :p

Yes, they'd be right next to each other. Its just that Maya 'grazes' on the Wagg pellets 24/7. She has not touched any variety of hay/grass for over 6 months. We had hoped that a Dental would help but despite 2 proceedures she still refuses all food but Wagg pellets and Apple. I am actually beginning to wonder if she has gone a bit gaa-gaa :? I am not convinced that her problems are entirely physiological.

:?

Janex

Then maybe compensate for her having less food with porridge a couple of times a day? It could be that she's got so used to not being able to eat those foods she's stopped trying rather than her going gaa gaa.
Have you considered having her teeth removed totally? Would that help?

why not just put her next to him divided by wire, or in a smaller crate in his pen or whatever - I know other people seperate their bunnies at night with no problems next day, and you don't need to do it EVERY night - just a couple nights a week when you're totally shattered?

she is gorgeous by the way - I LOOOOOVE magpie/harlequin colouring :p

Yes, I am thinking I will set up an overnight cage for her within their pen. She really needs to be able to eat pellets ad-lib and the only way I can stop Zac from gorging on them too is to seperate them for a while. Zac is already showing signs of being a porker and that's the last thing I want :roll:

Janex

Then maybe compensate for her having less food with porridge a couple of times a day? It could be that she's got so used to not being able to eat those foods she's stopped trying rather than her going gaa gaa.
Have you considered having her teeth removed totally? Would that help?

No as its her molars :cry: and I would not put her through having major Dental surgery. The extractions may well have to be done from the outside, breaking her jaw. I really could not contemplate it :cry:

Janex

Back