• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

house rabbits are unatural....but keeping a bun in a hutch all the times ok

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:censored: my ****** family...grrrrrrrr

my mum has only recentky cobfessed what my two half brothers said about me and wouldnt say to my face......

why take our shoes off or put shoe covers on when theirs rabbit stuff on the floor eww poo and hay....

Keeping rabbits indoors is cruel and unatural.........

:censored::censored: now thye were too chicken to say it to my face..oh no they sucked up and went on about no it was fine etc etc
To make it worse one of them who is the very last one i talk to these days out of the 3 half brothers i have...as the other two made my mum breakdown...did something much owrse.
he had rotties who were dangerous....the female had to be pts eventually..anyhoo their rabbit lived for 5 or 6 years..and lived in a hutch with a guinea pig and never ever cam eout as the dog would have had it..she terroried it thru the bars:evil::censored: i am seething..how very dare he!

the whole family even my dear old dad used to say keeping rabbits indoors doesnt do much for the rabbits look at debbies all died..ours is 6 or 7.......

dental bun terrified to put her outside where we lived...then woozle..he played in the garden and went for walks on a harness and lead every day....oscar was an outdoor bun got him aged 8 months...he lived indoors but had a harness and lead and a pen for the garden......THEY ARE ALL DEAD NOW.....first bun we had for 18 months the vet said she hsouldnt have made it to 3 months.....woozle died horrifically seizing.....the vet we had sent him home with a painkiller he was dead 25mins later. poss E.C or a stroke with blindness and resp failure petra said....when i asked her.
Oscar stress related stasis....all the going son with my mum everyday making me angry and cry and shouting her head off trying ot come to terms with what her sons did to her and losing my dad......

now Bif shes been ill a long time with nerves stress esp losing her husbun....but weve now had her 2 years the longest weve had any bunny.....bertie we wil have had2 years this 1st sept and wilows been here since she was 3 months old..shes one year and 4 months old..bandit weve had since last aug/sept and he was 18 months old with terrible tummy probs all of which is gone when he was neutered..his plums were to big for him to wash or eat soft poos!:shock:

i know indoors isnt perfect but soon theyll be able to have the garden when were out there..and the cats..when i get the fencing finished!

am i as cruel..i think not..at least my buns get exercise not cooped up 24/7 as the dog would get it:censored: and hes the animal lover in the family:shock:

sorry just angry folks dont realise you get special needs buns..sicklt buns.....as well as healthy ones..........:censored:

What springs to mind is even if a bun was seriously ill...if its living in a hutch and barely looked at and never let out...the person wouldnt know about it

The old girl we took in, Amile, was rescued from a supposed animal lover. She had been kept in a tiny crate in a shed with ferral cats for 7 years and had never once seen a vet. She was a complete mess and it cost us hundreds in vets treatments (in the end she didnt make it afterall-it was just too much)...The person in question was shocked when we explained what condition she was in

:( Cant write more now but ill come back to this thread...just be strong and know YOU are right and are doing a fantastic job. People need to keep their uninformed views to themselves

THANK YOU...BUT I WOULD DEARLY LOVE TO PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE AN HIS FAMILY AND I DONT BELIEVE IN VIOLENCE!!:shock:

thank you honestly ive been feeling miserable since my mum told me......the only time that rabbit saw the vet was to have his claws clipped!

oh poor bunny..thats awful........but you at least tried to bring her back to health..she died knowing somone cared.not all 2fts are like her old owner:(

i admire how well kept the outdoor buns are on here...pity the rest of outdoor bunny owners arent like it:censored:

i admit if mine lived outside i couldnt have them as id not be able to cope due my lifestyle of fits blackouts and sleep deprivation and odd slleep shifts caused by caring for my daughters weird sleep patterns with her m.E.
so at least im honest and keep them indors with access ooutside in nicer weather at least when grass isnt a boggy marsh:shock::lol:

thank you again....i was really upset today already then that....im off to drown my sorrows in a can of tesco diet cola...:)...

awww dont let them wind you up hun...... luckily you live with your buns and not them ;)

everyone i know thinx its highly amusing i keep house buns and i treat them as well as my dog SHOCK HORROR but they are only rabbits...:shock:

do i give a flying :censored: what anyone else thinx.... a big fat NOPE

I honestly don't think you should let it bother you what you brothers think....or anyone else for that matter!

People think i'm mad for keeping my rabbits the way I do....I don't like standard hutches or choose to keep my rabbits in them, it's a personal choice but I won't be made to feel like I'm mad for feeling that way.

To me it is just the same as locking your cat or dog up, or any other pet for that matter. At the end of the day it is purely down to ignorance when people disregard rabbits as being 'worthy' pets that deserve as much attention as cats or dogs. I used to get a lot of stick from all my family over my obsession with rabbits and it used to upset me. I even got to the point where I thought I did have a problem and was too obsessed (I only had four, two indoors and two out) and considered giving them up because people made me feel so bad about myself for having them. It was a different story when my sisters all had multiple cats as pets!! they just don't look at rabbits as pets in the same way. My mum would always go on about 'how much money I wasted on them and it could be better spent' etc etc and it used to bother me so much because they were all talking about it amongst themselves. By the way I even had my own house at this point.

Then one day I just thought ' FFS I am a grown adult, I make my own decisions and earn my own money to do what I want with so who cares what others think'. I have spent my whole life living up to what others wanted from me, listening to what they think I should be doing and trying to please them. Now I don't give a S***. I don't question how many children they choose to bring into the world, how they spend their money, how many pets they have so it's nothing to do with them how I life my life....or how I keep my pets!!

Funnily enough, since I changed my attitude about it and told my family it had nothing to do with them they rarely tease me anymore. My step dad who hated my first rabbit now always asks me about them when he calls, because they now know how much they are a big part of my life. They can say what they like behind my back, it doesn't really bother me and like your brother, they need to take a good hard look at their own life before critiscising anybody elses.

keeping rabbit in the house is ok yes?

Ralph is lwaysinside and has the run of the house. And access to a big garden whenever im in to supervise

with all the foxes around, i dont think its safe for him to be outside

hoping im not causing him any harm by him being inside all the time!?

Well the amount of people that have said Stripes shouldn't be inside and by rights shouldn't be still alive is phenomenal :roll:

She's better than she's ever been :)

Aah, families can be :censored: sometimes. My buns live outside but I'd love to have them in the house. Am always very jealous when I hear about the relationship people on here have with their houserabbits (and the piccies of them sitting on their laps, watching tv :lol:). Will get a housebun once my toddler is at school ;) Claire x

i have indoor buns and it is not nasty! they are in for health reasons and the fact 2 are really cute! as long as they are happy and healthy thats all that matters.

Back