• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

moulting....help

nina83

Warren Scout
MY lop eared bun Miffy is moulting like crazy but i dont mean like little wispy bits of fur i mean she's got big clumps of fur sticking out of her that just fall out when grooming her but she's losing like 1/2 a rabbit of fur every day......anyone know any good tricks to groom the moult coz at the minute i'm just running my fingers through her fur when having cuddles coz the brushes we've bought for her dont get the big clumps out

if its clumps then i would use a slicker brush:D try to make sure it has the bobble bits on the end of each pin otherwise it may scratch her skin

My Bob is moulting terribly, I find ruffling his fur (which he enjoys) then smoothing over with a rubber glove removes some, but to be honest, theres loads and I'd be there all day!

i've got one of those and it doesnt get the clumps out, we've got 3 different rabbit brushes that dont work so i used my old hairbrush for curling ur hair that's a spiky one and that doesnt work either she looks SO scruffy right now just dont want her eating it

I just pluck out the tufts by hand. Of wet your hands and run them over him, that works well.

yes I use damp hands too - not dripping wet but just wet your fingertips, rub it all over your palms, then stroke the bunny, rub your hands together to ball up the fur stuck to your hand, and do it again - I got tons off Maa in about 5 mins that way :)

Back