• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyones Rabbit done this....?

davemulheran

Warren Scout
Hi,

I've just cleaned out Ralphs cages and as per..he ran upstais to seek refuge under the bed.

I went up to check on him (laying down so I was at his eye level) and he proceded to run up and lick and clean my arm for 5 minutes ( I had showered this AM!)

now hes done it to my hand a few times when in his house, but he really went to town

strange no?

No its not strange its a sign of affection, he's grooming you :D saffy alwasy gives me a good wash :lol:

lick800x600-1.jpg

Being Rabbit licked is such an honour.....it means...."you are my friend", Ive tried doing the same back to my bunnies but the fur gets stuck in my throat and I get furballs like the cat!!:roll:

LMAO

have you not thought of nose rubbing or using your finger like a tounge (strange I know) when kip licks me i then to either use my nose to stoke hers or use my finger.

Be warned if doing it the nose way it tickles!

anyway isnt us stroking them paramount to grooming! lololol :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Being Rabbit licked is such an honour.....it means...."you are my friend", Ive tried doing the same back to my bunnies but the fur gets stuck in my throat and I get furballs like the cat!!:roll:

Yeh thats what we do( I was joking about the licking- sorry!!), a lot of buns seem to enjoy having their cheeks stroked too with just your fore finger.

Maybe we should change this thread title to essential massage for buns......:p

Mine haven't licked me, but Sophie sprayed in my face last night, does anyone know what that is a sign of?:shock:

Charlie licks me all the time, if I hug him, he licks my face - he likes nostrils and eyes! Its really sweet and I know it means he loves me but it makes me grimace (like in this pic!) sometimes as 'oh, he's probably just been eating his poo' always goes through my mind. Steve calls it 'Charlie kisses'. :lol:

bunnies_Nov05029.jpg

Carlton spent the evening grooming my friend that came over and i just sat there going "er, excuse me, who's your mum? who feeds you? who cleans your litter tray? who picks up your poop?!"

Hi MissPiggy lol,i've had one of my rabbits do this to me after a trip to the vets,he was really p'd off at me,sounds like your's was in a wee huff too haha.They are amazing pictures.My dog licks my hubby like mad but won't lick me the same and my folks cat licks my mums face sometimes till her skins peeling off haha.I always say my hubby must need a bath and that's why she's licking him haha.I had a cockatiel who was no longer wanted and he was so amazing.I don't keep well and if i was lying in bed or crying he would lie beside me and lick my tears and go to sleep on my pillow next to my face cuddling into me.Sorry,i'm gibbering now,reminising.I love the photo's though.:wave:

Hi MissPiggy lol,i've had one of my rabbits do this to me after a trip to the vets,he was really p'd off at me,sounds like your's was in a wee huff too haha.

Spraying can also be territorial - neutering / spaying should stop this. :)

AMETHYST

Back