• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ryedale hutches

tickles

Mama Doe
Hi wondered if i could have some feed back on ryedale hutches please.It is my borthday soon and i want new hutches and my dear lol other half as said he iwll by me some.I was looking at the triple 6fts for my buns but how hight would you have it again would it be 6ft etc etc and are the most importanly great hutches thanks for those that pass on their views :D

Woodlouse(abi) has one. I saw it a couple of weeks ago and it's really fab! Big, and really well made. I'll look to see if I can find a link, if no-one else beats me to it!:lol:

thanks

thanks for that they seem really good but pictures often do so i thought i would consult experts first.

I have a double 6ft hutch from Rydale :wave:

The quality is fantastic...It will easily last the lifetime of your rabbits.

There are a couple of things I don't like about mine though:

1) The ramp is very steep, and my rabbits wouldn't use it so I had to replace it. with a platform and smaller ramp.

2) There is nothing to stop bedding falling out when you open the door. Most hutches have a wooden 'lip' across the doorway, but Rydale hutches don't.

As far as height is concerned...they will make hutches to whatever size you require. I bought the extra height one, but I think it would have been okay a couple of inches shorter.

Amy

I have a 5 ft double storey hutch from Ryedale. It is very solid and excellent quality. I have not had any problems with rain water getting in or any other damage. The ramp is quite narrow and steep, though, and the opening for the ramp is not very big, so I would not recommend it for big bunnies.

Capel has already got in there and recommended on my behalf :lol:

We are THRILLED with our Ryedale hutch and the quality is GREAT :D Our buns are fine with the ramp (but they are only smallish buns) but I agree with previous comment about the bedding falling through the trap door!

If I needed to order another I wouldn't hesitate to order from Ryedale again. Service was great and the hutch is exactly what we wanted. They are comparatively expensive ... but WELL worth it! x

I love my Ryedale hutches too, they're very well made. A bit annoying that you have to pay extra for them to be treated though, considering they're not cheap in the first instance.

Also they're fully made (no flat packing) but they doorstep deliver only, so you have to carry them in yourself and they are VERY heavy, esp a 6 footer :shock:

Claire

I have a double 6ft hutch from Rydale :wave:

The quality is fantastic...It will easily last the lifetime of your rabbits.

There are a couple of things I don't like about mine though:

1) The ramp is very steep, and my rabbits wouldn't use it so I had to replace it. with a platform and smaller ramp.

2) There is nothing to stop bedding falling out when you open the door. Most hutches have a wooden 'lip' across the doorway, but Rydale hutches don't.

As far as height is concerned...they will make hutches to whatever size you require. I bought the extra height one, but I think it would have been okay a couple of inches shorter.

Amy

Mines just under 2ft height and its fine for my buns :)

I love my Ryedale hutch so much! x

Expensive but really great. Would buy again from them without any hesitation.

customer service and communication was really good, they did deliver just before 7 am on Easter Sunday :shock:

thanks

Thank you for the replies i will be ordering a 6ft triple for my bunnies. is the 60 inch hieght ok or should it be 6ft high too. We only have medium buns and a nerthland dwarf so think it would be ok. Thanks again

Back