• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why a rabbit..how could she!!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:evil: when touie was about to leave myhouse i got a phone call..from my youngest daughter whos given me so much grief last 5/6 years..she has a nit of a bf who i hate and i hate his family..its a long story wont go there:oops:
Basically he and his family dont belive in going to the doctors..and dont belive in wasting money taking pets to the vets until the last minute kinda thing...his mother hasnt even kept up her dogs boosters etc says well hes been fine hasnt he.....oooooooo soooo maddddd!!

anyway the basis of this phone call was to ask me if i had a spare rabbit cage..i asked who needed it for their rabbit..we do she said..why i said....why do you think she said...well whos got the rabbit..we have she said.....

theyd gone out late afternoon and bought a rabbit form jollyes pet store a black n white lop buck...but couldnt afford a cage:shock:

she rang me again panicking as everywhere was closing and she hadnt got one as bfs sister said they could have her hutch but it was so disgusting they had to scrub n disinfect it and it was soaking. i said they had some for £40 in town ..cant afford it she said..i was grinding my teeth and biting my tongue and said well take the rabbit back then..why did you get one in the first place...funnily enough she had to go:censored: she said itll have to stay in the little box they gave it to us in:shock::censored::censored:

i cant get to her wont even speak to him downt he phone the creep....and im worrying like mad.....her best pal has a house bun and has had for a while now..he goes everywhere with her and her bf..hes their substitute child. so im hoping she will have helped out with stuff....

i am soo furious i could spit...my daughter was with me when we got our first bunny from a pet shop and we had to get a taxi home with a cage etc with her.....my other buns have been someones bun who had an unexplected litter...one form breeder who was closng down anfter 25yrs...and then one form waterlooville resuce..then one who was living a free life but needed mor elove and he saved my widow buns life..then we got willow as a baby then bandit as a rescue.....we have the 4..the others died one by one.
she has been round here loads....and shes seen my mums bunny and how much we had to psend out gettin stuff and cages playpens etc.....she always takes the mickey out of me and my buns ruling the house......

so how can she be this stupid:censored: my youngest grandaughters 5months old her sister is 2 yrs 5months..and shes had problems with the babay and her digestive system....now the older ones playing up and being nasty to the baby..they have 2 cats only one of which has been vaccinated as " we have to wait till the end of he month for the pay to go in" if theyre broke now etc how the hell is she going to pay for buns stuff..jabs...neutering.....vets fees..

i know shes still got post natal depression etc but she admits she has no time for anybody.....so what about the bun.....

im so distressed i could cry..then when the poo hits the fan...mum can oyu take it.....um no!

she knows ill call the rspca if she doesnt look after it...just wished i could do something now:censored:

Debs you've just got to let it go, you can't save them all unfortunately and somehow I don't think you'll be able to save this one :(

Goodness I really feel for you. I don't know what to say that'll help.

All of us have to be responsible for our own actions, no one elses and your daughter will have to be responsible for hers.

I guess you'll just have to be there if you can for the rabbit if and when it all goes wrong.

Thinking of you! Big hugs.

Helen

Sorry about this.Unfortunately people do daft things like this all the time but because your daughter is kinda involved it's gonna hurt more.If they maltreat the bunny report them.Please don't you feel bad it isn't your fault.Your daughter is grown up and you have looked after her to the best of your ability.Please take care of yourself,sending hugs...

Oh dear, its not your fault hun shes a grown woman and like you said she knows its wrong. Getting angry will only put her defenses up, all you can do is advice her, keep an eye out for a cheap second hand run/hutch :( xx

thank you all so much...i was so upset last night can you tell:lol:

this morning she rang me to say the found a guinea pig cage in p at h.....for £35..she could at least have got a ferplast 100 for a fiver more:roll:

the hutch the gits sister gave them is a really tiny one but its ok hes gonna build a run for it:shock:

youre all right..i taught her so much and since shes been with him shes changed for the worst:(
Donna hun you know the story too well and yes family are the worst.

apparently they got one as my grandaughter had gone to a fete where they had a petting zoo and she stroked the rabbit for ages and has this one..shes scared of mine but wanted to give bertie n willow a crispbread!

i feel genuinely sick...........

poor little thing..no worries if i see it in the slightest bit of trouble ill be pn her back and she knows it..ive reported members of my family to the rspca against the rest of the familys protests!

sigh.....looks like ill be taking on that poor thing once theyve ruined its personality:evil:

thank you for advice and support..i still stunned tho..oh dear never mind...:(

I personally think you should go round to their house and punch them all in the face....it may make you feel better......Not really--- don't do that!!

Its awful when its family isn't it.
It looks like you'll be getting a new addition to your brood soon then when bunny doesn't do the right tricks for them or they get bored of cleaning it etc etc etc.
Maybe it was fate for you?

Thinking of you anyway...

Back