• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binkies

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
Im intrigued to know if a bunny actually knows when it will binky or if it is involuntary? Bailey binkies loads... marsha does too...

ive just been thinking about it as bailey did one about 2 ft in the air x

Interesting question!

After Nyx binkies he looks quite shocked, almost as if he can't believe he did it, or is wondering what happened!

i'd love to know the answer, Lola always does them in really inapproproiate places like near the hearth...would be curious to know if she gets any warning. She does them when she's cleaning herself 2:lol:

You can tell when Charlie is going to do them sometimes by the way he sits, he's been known to do them if he's being watched and spoken to like a baby too :lol: He also tears around doing them and binkies away when he's up to no good so I think some of them are conscious ones. If Poppy did one I'd be in complete shock never mind her :lol:

I can tell if Nigel is going to, he gets a funny look on his face. He does 'ears binkies' too, where he will just sort of lift his front paws off the floor and toss his ears about without moving :lol:

I think they just get the urge and have to, regardless of where they are!

As soon as Flopsy comes out of his run to have free range of garden you just know he is gonna do one/loads:lol: He does at least 3 laps of the garden with loads of binkies along the way.

Jem (who I got from bunnymadhouse in November) never done any at all. She used to sit, as if in amazement, and watch Flopsy and used to just trundle along behind him. Jem has started now, slowly at first, in the last 2 months to do her won binkies - she is getting faster around the big garden and her binkies are definately getting highter.:lol:

I have a feeling its often involuntary as ours are always looking really surprised after or doing it at random times:D I know Fae has a tickly spot just above the eye with the patch and whenever i rub it shell binky then look confused:lol:

Lunas different though, she feels them coming...shell tilt her head and have a look on her face like "what the...!?" and then it comes:D

Sometimes when Splodge binkies, she flaps he ears about her head 1st almost as if they are itching or something, and then she looks really suprised after she has binkied - like animals look like when they have sneezed unexpectedly!!! :lol: :lol:

I think it might be involuntary, like laughing. We can't really help doing that if we feel the urge, but sometimes we can force ourselves to.

It was really funny the first time Mina binkied in the garden, she was really shy when she came to us and she looked soo shocked.

Bobby always looks really shocked after he's done one. He doesn't do em that often but when he does he looks quite confused.
Nibbles is ALWAYS binkying. She just does em and doesnt care. Biscuit's like Nibbles but also does hutch binkies when it's feeding time. Basically, she just runs back and forth flapping her ears about. You can tell when she's about to binky too. She gets twitchy.

I think it's an involuntary thing. I think the exitement builds up so much they just binky!

I have always wondered if it was an involuntary thing. Snowy sometimes looks at me as if to say "what did you do that for?":lol::lol::lol:

Back