• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think old Mrs Molly might be leaving me- PICS. ADVICE PLEASE

montyflossy

Alpha Buck
Molly my 6ish year old frenchie is very poorly this evening.
She will only eat grass and hay and is very wobbly :cry:
Sadly I don't know her age but she will be at least 6 this year.
Advice and vibes please.
She is tucked up warm in her bed but just seems to be losing will....
I rescued her exactly a year ago :cry:

Last edited:
Is she an outdoor Bun Lucy? Does she live on her own?

If so and if being indoors wont stress her too much I'd bring her in. Keeping her as warm as possible will be comforting to her. If she is used to being handled and is OK with cuddles just lay with her near your chest. Your heartbeat will make her feel secure.

If she is not a 'hands on' Bun who prefers to be outdoors then lots of extra warm bedding and a snuggle-safe will help.

Thinking of you both

:cry:

Janex

Ithink mrs molly might be leaving me

ill be thinking of you both tonight hun, noserubs to molly and hugs to you xxxx

She has never been indoors in her life - she always used to live in a shed type thing and since she has been with me has always been in an enclosure in our garage with a run in the garden. She is not a snuggle bun but loves nose rubs, I have been sitting with her and covering her with hay and her towel.

I syringe fed her some cc and warm water just in case... but she is eating grass and hay...Oh I don't know just thinking aloud...
she is not spayed either as was too old :cry:

Poor Molly she looks so sad :cry:

I dont know what to suggest but sending comforting vibes for you and Mrs Molly x x x x thinking of you x x x

I am so sorry to hear this Lucy, sending loads of vibes to Mrs Molly and big hugs to you xx

You know where I am if you need me

have you asked the vets for advice?

is she pooping and weeing ok?

bertie went like this and we had no idea why i took him ot the old practice i used to go to and the vet said he was just misearble:shock: when i got him home nikki was covering him over with a blanket on the sette with her and she felt a lump...it was massive how itd bene missed we dont know.....rushed him back to the vets.who charged me a second consult fee too!:censored: only to discover he had a haematoma probably where jo had tried tgive him an ivermectin jab but the needle was wrong size so she tried and left it..it never occurred to any of us that he could get something so horrible form that.

he had a temp was listless off his food munching alittle hay...and was feeling cold as he kept getting up on the sofa and snuggling down in nikkis beding where she lays on the settee during the day if shes up.

he had to have antibiotics..have his fur clipped so i could bathe it and painkillers...its was so weird hiow he got sick too.

6years is good for a frenhcie as they live 3 to 5 years but i know osmeone who has had some up to 8 years and her firend whos got a doe whos 10!

por girly..you arent to know how things in lfe affected her..and of course the dreaded C word....it may be gi stasis beginning..it may be dental probs sometimes theystill manage to eat alittle hay or food.

all i know is i am sending loads of vibes for dear sweet mrs molly and huge hugs to you..

keep her warm and cosy and company is all you can do....:(

xxxx

Molly is wrapped in a bed of hay now, munching on a bit of hand picked grass. She had a nibble of greens too.
Should I keep giving her what she will eat? Or could that be dangerous to her? She would normally spend up to 8 hours in her run (so able to eat grass for that time) so should I keep picking it for her and feeding it to her?

She is still very wobbly, but she seems a bit more contented now I have wrapped her up and been hand feeding her :love:

Any more vibes going spare and Molly would love them...

I'd feed her whatever she'll eat. Have you tried her with softened pellets? I've found that Junior Excel is a bit easier for the oldies to eat, and has more calories.

My old bun was very wobbley, and would eat very selectively, for about the last 5 months of her life (she was about 9 when she was PTS).

Vibes for Molly xx

Oh Lucy, I am SO sorry to hear this. :cry: :cry: Sending tons and tons of vibes to Molly and big hugs to you. ::hugs:: xxxxx :cry:

Well Molly made it through the night. She has pooped been for lots of wees, but she will still only eat grass, hay and little bits of greens. She just looks so tired :cry: I have tucked her up in a new bed of hay with some grass to nibble and now I'm off to work :cry:

What to do...?

Molly has stopped moving around her pen. This morning she looked really dehydrated and so I held her bowl by her mouth and she started drinking loads! This means, I think, that she is not getting herself around much and so not getting to her water.
She will not eat her pellets anymore and now will only eat grass, herbs, greens and hay.
My best friend came to tend to Molly twice today as I am out for up to 12 hours depending on where I am working.
Molly now has a blanket, hot water bottle (its luke warm and we have been changing it every couple of hours) and loads of hay. We have sheltered her pen with a woolley blanket.
I don't really know what to do, or where to go from here. I don't want to keep her going for my sake but maybe she can pull through this when it warms up and the cold is not hurting her poorly old bones?
Here she is :love:
rabbits041.jpg

rabbits042.jpg

Its impossible to keep her wrapped up as although she is not really moving much she does womble out of her blanket and hay bed.
What can I do to make her happier? :cry:

Lucy x

Back