• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

need some help

misty moo

Warren Scout
i think my rabbit is haveing a false pregnancy she was fine yesterday when i put her to bed but this morrning my mum got her up as i was out when i came home i went to see her and she as been in her hutch most of the day and tonight as i went to put her to bed she has pulled fur out and is makeing a nest.
can anyone please give me some advise on what i can do to help

(i know she should be spayed)

thanx guys x

I'm afraid you already know what the answer is ... get her spayed! Until you do she'll probably keep on having phantom pregnancies :cry: Plus spaying takes away the risk of her developing uterine cancer.

BTW I presume there is no chance that she IS pregnant is there?

If she is your only Rabbit and has not had contact with an un-neutered male in the last 30 or so days then it is a pseudo-pregnancy.
Getting her spayed will stop these happening (pseudo-pregnancy is stressful for the Bun). Spaying will also protect her from uterine (womb) cancer

Dont remove the nest she has made, she'll only make another one and tire herself out in the process. The symptoms should subside in a day or so but may well happen again unless she is spayed

Janex

im going to get her done as soon as i can.
so how do i clean the hutch and stuff like that?
should i keep the kids away from her till i get her done?

Back