• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh God! They've escaped!

Jack-Bun

Warren Veteran
Oh God I cannot barely type for crying! I have got tears all over my face! My hands and face and knees are all muddy and I am nearly having a heart attack! They both got out!! Drake went to my neighbous at the back, and Josh went under the decking! My fantastic neighbours came all the way to my house and told us, so everyone was getting them back! Me and Mum were under privet, and then my mum just had to grab Drake! I think she hurt him a bit:cry: And then we had to climb under dexking to get Josh! We finally got him in a bucket!:cry: They are a bit startled and scared now so I have made sure the run is OK and have left rthem for a bit! I am so scred! I am shaking! My tears are all over the place!:cry:
Jack x

I am glad that you have got them back,I know just how you feel,Beatrix escaped by jumping over my shoulder only an hour after I had got her home!!I was sure we would never get her back again and Norman would be a widower,but my hubby found her in next doors garden.That is why I want her microchipped!

awwww...don't worry. These things happen! my cousin lets her rabbits gp under the decking where they will stay for hours. She went to get them in the other and they were no where to be seen, turned out they had dug a burrow (obvioulsly over a long period of time) and were regular visitors to a neighbours garden two houses away!!!! they had dug a burrow all the way there and would pop out of the hole in the other garden. :shock:
they will have to have a pen on the patio now because they are prolific diggers. Hope they are ok :)

aww hun hope your ok, these things do happen and scare the life out of you. I am glad you have got them back now. Sounds like you have really nice neighbours. Now take a deep breath and calm down:D
Sallyx

:shock:poor you what a shock.. Furby jumped over our fence 6 months ago :shock:she'd jumped onto a plant pot and was over in seconds.. To get her I had to rip the fence panel out :shock:luckily I got her back.

Thanks!
I kep trying to but I jst keep worrying, they have both come out now, and look 'happy' but I think they keep going to where they got out- but I'd have thought they'd have learnt thieir lesson!
Jack x

:shock:poor you what a shock.. Furby jumped over our fence 6 months ago :shock:she'd jumped onto a plant pot and was over in seconds.. To get her I had to rip the fence panel out :shock:luckily I got her back.

:shock: Wow! But don't you think- a sudden wave of adrenaline comes over you and you will do anything to get them back! I was ripping branchs off the privet and was just running franticly rying to get them!
jack x

:shock: Wow! But don't you think- a sudden wave of adrenaline comes over you and you will do anything to get them back! I was ripping branchs off the privet and was just running franticly rying to get them!
jack x

It's always best to stay calm. When I had a mum and litter of babies here I let them out in the run and left them for an hour. When I got back mum had managed to dig a proper tunnel under and out of the run and was missing....along with two four week old babies.

I was completely panicking and went next door to check their garden. They were under their shed and had no intention of coming out.. only problem was that next doors garden is open to the roads because they are having building work done so there are no fences up at the moment. If they chose to run I would never have caught them. I just sat patiently (with a packet of yogurt drops) and waiting for them to come over to me...then grabbed as quickly as I could!! My heart was racing though :roll:

Oh Jack, you POOR thing!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: You really haven't had a good day today, have you? ::hugs:: I am SO happy that you got your babies back......I know exactly what it feels like to panic like that, so you are NOT alone!!!

Thanks everyone! It was- I was shaking- it felt as it my heart stopped for 25minutes! All I was thking is "What I am going to do if they don't come back? How can I live with myself ?" They seem Ok now though! They have just had a nice big treat!

Mee Too!:) Theres no way they can get out now! Especially as they are getting their new run tommorrow!:)

It's really funny, because earlier on I was saying to my mum about micro chipping them... Then 1 hour later- this happenes!:rolleyes:

Mee Too!:) Theres no way they can get out now! Especially as they are getting their new run tommorrow!:)

It's really funny, because earlier on I was saying to my mum about micro chipping them... Then 1 hour later- this happenes!:rolleyes:

I'm going to get mine micro chipped soon, just to be on the safe side. I had a bunny years ago that dug under the fence into a neighbours garden, crossed the road and went through all the other neighbours back gardens!

I must have looked like an idiot chasing up the street, going in and out of people's gardens after her!:lol:

I'm going to get mine micro chipped soon, just to be on the safe side. I had a bunny years ago that dug under the fence into a neighbours garden, crossed the road and went through all the other neighbours back gardens!

I must have looked like an idiot chasing up the street, going in and out of people's gardens after her!:lol:

:lol::lol: Thats what I thought I was going to have to do! But they just kept running through the bushes and onto the neighbours garden- so the neighbours were coaxing them through! Then Josh went and sat under the decking... Right at the back!
Can you imagine?
Jack x

oh jack thank god youve got them back, it happened with us last year with jelly... but we didnt get her back for hours!!!

everyone on here was so worried!!

oh jack thank god youve got them back, it happened with us last year with jelly... but we didnt get her back for hours!!!

everyone on here was so worried!!

Its horrible isn't it! I don't know what I would have done if I would have had to have waited over an hour:(
Jack x

i didnt get my Jelly back for about 8 hours

and i had to watch peanut watch by the door all that time...waiting 4 her

Back