• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Neutering ??

xx-lou-xx

Young Bun
Considering getting my rabbit neutered, he is 6 months old and at the moment not displaying any problems such as spraying etc. He's a lovely bunny and i don't want him to change as a result! I've heard people's bunnies have changed...sometimes for the worse after the op because of the change in hormones?
The vet quoted me about £80 for the procedure, how much has everyone else paid. Some people who i've asked said they have had it done quite a bit cheaper, obviously I will pay whatever the cost to get it done I just don't want to get taken for a ride!
I just need some advice!

Hi
Neutering didn't change our bun for the worse at all - he just stopped spraying me!
It cost about £50 here in Lincolnshire, but always go with a vet you feel you can trust. There's a list of questions to ask in the Rabbit Care Reference section I think.

About £50 at my vet too in Yorkshire. And my bunny didn't change, just the spraying stopped and he was automatically litter trained :D

x x x

Upton never displayed any 'male' behaviour but is soon to be neutered (at 13 months), never humped, sprayed or has been aggressive in anyway and was perfectly toilet trained from the day he arrived here.

Last edited:
have to say i vould get 2 male buns done for that price:eek: but yes get done unless you want smelly bo spray around your house. dosnt change them.

Carlton just cost £48 to be neutered and i'm hoping i've nipped any behavioural problems in the bud, i wanted him neutered before he started humping and spraying.

he peed on the sofa within the hour of being home though :roll: :lol::lol:

Back