• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

GBH Rescue & Rehoming

drpengie

Wise Old Thumper
Anyone know anything about this rescue? Seen a lovely bun up for adoption, but they're in Kent and I'm not. Just wondered if they were a member of RU, and if they would be willing to arrange a bunny run!

The best option would be to email or call direct. They'll be able to tell you if the rehome out of the area and if so whether they have any special conditions.

Tamsin

Piglet & Eeyore came from them but I don't know if they'd consider a bunny run or not.. Definitely worth emailing or calling them to ask though :)

I've spoken to them, and they think that perhaps I am too far away if I have any problems, it will be a long way to return the bun. I did assure them that I have the support of my local rescue if I had any problems, so hopefully they will take that into consideration. Fingers crossed. I'm to ring back in a few weeks if I don't find anther bun nearer.

We,ve got a couple of buns and Guineas from Jackie @ GBH and all I can say is that she does a fantastic job.
She takes in all buns regardless of age/condition and has definately saved hundreds of bunnies lives.
Yes, you do live a long way from her but generally if you explain everything to her in detail and why you are interested in that special bun- I'm sure she will help you out.

Which Bun is it, as we only picked up Molly(now called Harriet-the french lop) a couple of weeks ago from her and may have seen your bun inparticular as Jackie gave us a full tour....

Harriett.jpg

Meet Harriet.....She looks sweet but boy is she a handfull...:censored::censored:

Last edited:
The trouble is rescues get quite attached to the buns they rehome so if something goes wrong they like to take the bunnies back. Plus is the rescues doesn't personally know the local rescues to you then they may not feel they can rely on them to provide the same support - I'm sure your aware rescues vary in their advice/standards :)

Is it a particular type of bun your looking for? If your local rescues don't have anything listed its often worth paying a visit to see what they haven't put up on the web :)

Tam

The trouble is rescues get quite attached to the buns they rehome so if something goes wrong they like to take the bunnies back. Plus is the rescues doesn't personally know the local rescues to you then they may not feel they can rely on them to provide the same support - I'm sure your aware rescues vary in their advice/standards :)

Is it a particular type of bun your looking for? If your local rescues don't have anything listed its often worth paying a visit to see what they haven't put up on the web :)

Tam

Thanks. I do understand that this is the case, and I know they may say no to me, but I'm just hoping that they will rely on the back up I have from my local rescue. Not looking for a particular type of bun, and I know the distance is not ideal but I have just fallen in love with this little angel.

I'm keeping all my fingers crossed anyway!!!

Back