• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothy Hay as main hay?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hiya

I got a sample of American Timothy Hay from Dust Free and the bunnies love it. They prefer it to the meadow hay they supply, so is it ok for them to have Timothy Hay at all times, like Meadow Hay?

Hello

Yes I give Honey timothy hay from West Wales Willows all the time she loves it. I do also buy her the sample packs from The Hay Experts for a treat. :)

Mine love it, but then again they'll eat anything! I think most people accept it as one of the best for buns.

x x x

I used to buy the timothy from DustFree but their normal meadow hay has so much timothy in it lately that I've switched to that, Upton likes a mixture.

I just got a big bale from them and Upton's poos are huge, golden and really healthy. I'm so proud of my boy lol :lol:

Yes, it can definitely be used as main hay, I've only really ever fed mine with timothy hay (its v low in calcium and I have a calcium intolerant bun). Vet srecommend it as they best hay for bunnies cos its so good for their teeth - apparently its harder than other hay, something to do with its silicon content (?). I use Oxbow mostly but they'll eat any - I only get the one that more stalky though else we have bottom issues plus its better for their teeth (I can never remember whether thats second cut or first cut).

Back