• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scrufter and Emma had a guest stay over last night

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
The guinea pigs are now on vet bed which gets swept up every day. I topped up their hay last night (dustfreehay), said goodnight and went inside. They live in my shed.

This morning i went into the shed to say good morning and to top up the hay some more, only to find that there was another occupant... a very steamrolled field mouse! :shock::shock:

I was a bit scared :oops:, i don't know why. I was thinking how did it get in there... then i realised it was the hay.... doh! I just got a massive chunk from the bag and put it in their hay rack. Poor little mouse must have gone through the compresser :( :cry:.

vet bed is now in the washing machine :lol:
and there is now a new variety of dust free hay with added mice! :shock: So if you are particularly scared of mice, just be careful when touching the hay.

Anyway... the vet bed is now in the washing machine.

You are certainly braver than me. I would have run a mile. I did have a mouse living in the hutch with Sooty I kept wondering where his biscuits were disappearing to and the mouse was eating them. :)

You are certainly braver than me. I would have run a mile. I did have a mouse living in the hutch with Sooty I kept wondering where his biscuits were disappearing to and the mouse was eating them. :)

:lol::lol::lol: Norty mouse!

Its ok i made hubby come and remove it... I dont know why i am scared of them, i mean they dont look THAT much different from a guinea pig. Plus this mouse looked like it have gone through a press. It was completely flat. Poor thing :cry:

Back