• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Failed bondings disappointment

chookmom

Young Bun
Hi everyone
We had left our recently bereaved boy bunny with Jill at Honeybunnys for a week in the hope that he could be bonded with a new female.We were disappointed to hear last night that he has behaved badly with each of the females he has been tried with. It seems to be a case of rejecting them before he's even decided whether he likes them or not.
Looks like he'll be coming home alone:(

Awww, I am so sorry to hear this. :(

Perhaps after he has had a bit more time after losing his previous wifey bun he will feel more like accepting a new one.

I've had bereaved bunnies here who just were not ready for a new wife at the time we tried bonding.

I can happily report they were both eventually paired up a couple of months later.

He may just need some more time :(

Yep I think Rolo needs some time on his own.
he doesn't try to mount..just goes straight for the jugular!
or tried to run away panicking which makes the doe then chase and attack..

nevermind...I'm having one last try later today..then calling it a day.
and Chookmum..Rolo isn't bothered once he's seperated..he's now sat eating parsley and carrot:D
so fingers toes and everythign else crossed please!

Sorry to hear that it's not working :cry: Give it a bit of time and try again - everything crossed for Rolo finding a lovely wifey bun in the near future :D x

Back