• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Isn't she beautiful ???

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
:D Gosh i love her sooooo much, these are the first piccies of her, she still has her winter coat but her summer one is coming through, she is very bargy but she is a baby really :p I will get piccies of her friend next time lol
001.jpg

005-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

arh shes lovely.i love bargy horses.:oops::lol:some strange reason i enjoy riding a challenging horse.nothing better than trying get them under control.where are you up to now beth?have you done a gallop yet?xxx

lol, I love big horsies lol, luckily i'm very confident around horsies lol
I ahven't galloped just yet lol, I've started cantering and dressage :D

god dressage is dead hard.i couldnt get it right so went for racing instead.:lol:looks brilliant though.god i miss horse riding.no1 will let me within 10ft of a horse now!preg downside.:evil:

I love big horses too :love: your tall enough for them though Beth, I once roda a little fat pony called Oscar because someone had taken Barney out and had bother getting on him because I had to spread my legs so wide over him, it reduced me to fits of giggles which made it even harder :lol:

do you think little ponys are more sods than big horses?i find lil uns arent scared as much as big ones and are more nutty.always remember my aunty had a shetland n the swine would run you round the field tryin bite you but couldnt run away from him fast enough with laughing.doin little bucks in the air sooo funny!!!!:lol:

:lol:
For the first few months I ahd alot of difficulty getting ona dn off the 16.2hh mare i ride :oops: now I just spring on and spring off :lol: I'm unlucky beacuse I ride chunky horses (cause of my weight :oops: ) and they are usually quite fat, although the fjord i've started riding is abit slimmer but has a bad canter :(
ETA my mum is goign to video me riding tomorrow :oops: please don't laugh if i decide to show it :lol:

i have ride the big chunky horses too.:oops::lol:shires are my fave.so doapy n ploddy.wicked canter once you can get them goin though.xgot anymore horse pics?x

Aww she is beautiful!:love: I love darker horses - and they are so much easier to keep clean.;)

I may be a bit biased (as a natural horsemanship fanatic:oops::lol:) but you should try some parelli or something with her Beth to stop her being so bargy.:D Believe me - it works! Smokey used to knock me out the way if he saw another horse coming but now he backs up at me just shaking my finger at him.:)

He's very left brained!:rolleyes:;)
http://files.parelli.com/HorsenalityChart.pdf

She's not really mine to do stuff with as I part share her with another person aswell :lol:
She's going to France next week to be bred from, backed and to compete :D
As she is only 3 you can't blame her lol, she is still learning her manners :lol:

Ah that's understandable, but you can still do stuff with her around the stable to teach her manners.:D If she ever pushes herself into your space push her back (start with light pressure, then get stronger until she responds and release right away), never let her swing her hindquarters in your face, and a good method is to get her to back up by shaking her leadrope (while attached to her head collar) but stopping as soon as she responds so she learns to respond to pressure (horses naturally lean on pressure).

Horses learn by leadership - so make sure she knows you are her leader.;)

How big is she btw?:D

:lol:
Luckily I have my thick wellies on :lol:
I just push against them saying "who's a big pony, standing on my feet? you are, yes you are!!" in a babyish voice :oops:

Back