• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

funny nose - help please :( :(

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
peanuts nose looks weird. bits of his fur r like really hard and i put some water on my finger n rubbed it but it didnt 'come off'its like its stuck there, and his nose looks a bit different :?:?:?

Last edited:
Is the fur around his nostrils? Thats what Lexie looks like every morning.....its dried snot :oops:

PeanutButter008Small-1.jpg

above the 'V' in the middle

funny nose- help please

if it wasnt like that last night id probably be inclined to say get a vet to have a look it could be nodular myxi, is he vaccinated

very hard to tell, it is a good sign no weepy eyes tho, is it the skins which is lumpy too?or just hard fur? could be hes put his nose into something he shouldnt? or that hes scratched it...hmmm.... chelseas was a pimple sized singular nodule about size of biro end accross and was at the v in the corner i can send you a pic if you want but im sure it can be diff in different buns would get checked out and onto baytril just to be safe xx

Hope it's nothng serious. :( Could he have been bitten? by an insect I mean, that could make it swell.

if it wasnt like that last night id probably be inclined to say get a vet to have a look it could be nodular myxi, is he vaccinated

yeh he is, he gets vacc 6 monthly, was due a booster last week and is booked in 4 tuesday

hes neutured so its hard 2 see if hes swollen but hes pale pink 'down there' and he has no bumps and no red eyes

Is there a scab or cut under the fur? If its a bite there should be some obvious skin penetration.

just had a better check it seem slike its just hard fur, it isnt osre, no broken skin and no bumps so i think hes just a bit grubby:lol:

If there are no unusual lumps or pimply type bumps on the skin itself you can rule out myxi. It does sound as though hes got some substance on his fur which has dried...could it be sap from a tree or plant?

Back