• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Such Clean Bunnies

elve

Banned
:shock: after the fiasco of Maa holding her wee all night to go to the 'toilet', which the vet couldn't believe - Benny this morning pushes past me with pellets - totally uninterested in breakfast :shock: rushes over to the 'toilet' on the patio, and sits, as you do - probably would have liked a newspaper to read :rolleyes:

So I cobbled a fence together and edged into the shed to feed the girls (never shall they meet :shock:) and then I wait for his majesty to finish on the throne :rolleyes:

The 'toilet' is a drain at the far end of the patio, and they literally sit on the toilet, crouching with their bum hanging over the drain hole in the ground :shock: Anyone else's bunnies do this? :shock:

So I waits...plop plop plop :lol: Benny looks relieved, gives himself a little shake, has a binky, and runs back into his hutch for breakfast :shock: What next? Your guess is as good as mine!

:lol::lol::lol: That's brilliant! maybe you should leave a copy of 'Rabbiting on', some 1/2 moon glasses, cigar and glass of port by the drain:D

:lol::lol::lol: now if it didn't rain all the time that would be a good idea - time I built a lean-to privvy over the drain maybe, complete with magazine rack? :rolleyes:

I only hope that you provided him with hand-washing facilities otherwise an anonymous letter to H&S will be called for!!:lol:

I know they're barmy :shock: have just cleaned his litter trays out and they are almost dry, for the first time in 3 years :shock: He is definitely toilet trained since Maa died, as he's getting twice as much patio time, and fortunately for him has never been a big drinker, unlike poor Maa - Benny's only ever drank max 75ml a day, whereas she drank about 200ml so was bursting after holding it all night :(

:lol: yeah he gets a 'look' on his face - kind of faraway like he's concentrating :lol: I went out with his hay today and he was snoozing on the patio and I said 'come on then!' and nodded at his hutch - and he did that lovely streeeeeetch with his front paws and yaaaaaawn with his little pink mouth - then skipped in for his hay like a good boy :lol:

:lol: yeah he gets a 'look' on his face - kind of faraway like he's concentrating :lol: I went out with his hay today and he was snoozing on the patio and I said 'come on then!' and nodded at his hutch - and he did that lovely streeeeeetch with his front paws and yaaaaaawn with his little pink mouth - then skipped in for his hay like a good boy :lol:

I love that stretch and yawn they do - makes me go all gooey :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: what a well trained bunster. On the subject of holding in wee Harvey used to sleep in an indoor cage upstairs in our bedroom untill he met wifey bun and he would go all night without peeing. He would rush downstairs in the morning and pee for ages in the litter tray.

yeah he is a lovely little fella :D not particularly sociable, but hey at least I can pick him up when I need to :shock: which is saying something for me :oops:

Back