• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

TTouch & aggression

Kay

Mama Doe
Has anyone done T Touch or had it done on any animals?

Arthur is having it done tomorrow. Apparently it helps calm and soothe aggression. I really want to learn more and more about aggressive rabbits. So far I have found out that some aggressive rabbits are the genius's of the rabbit world and that it is possible to have a good relationship with them.

Sooz put up some links earlier about aggression and how to deal with it. I read them all and I am amazed that by just doing a few things differently with time they do calm down. I was making a very bad error in that I was putting my hand down for him to sniff. Rabbits cant see very well in front of them and see it as a threat. I feel a bit daft now and guilty that I have contributed to Arthur's behaviour issues. I confess that when he took a chunk of my hand the other day I did think 'I can't cope with this anymore' and was all for giving up - I think maybe that was the shock. I am going to be become a bunny behaviourist expert!

I would be interested to see the links Sooz posted, I cannot seem to fine them, new links are always useful to have and also useful to hopefully learn something new

:wave:with my lot i.e saffie real name savage sasha:evil:) if i slowly put my hand in she is fine and if you stroke gentle down the outside thier ears it relaxes them. their head slowly leans imto your hand. also if you have a treat in your hand i.e a piece of rich tea biscuit they soon learn that your hand isnt a predator. am studying animal behaviour particulay rabbits. let me now how it goes.
emily

Back