• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
Hi quick question..

may sound dumb but do rabbits need hay in say there sleeping compartment or is it okay to just put it in a hay rack?:oops:

Taaa

Hi quick question..

may sound dumb but do rabbits need hay in say there sleeping compartment or is it okay to just put it in a hay rack?:oops:

Taaa

I think you will get lots of answers to this question.

I have 2 litter trays one in the main room, the other in the bedroom. they have a choice then of which one they want to use as a toilet. I have very few that will use both as toilet trays. As hay is the most important part of their diet I always want them to get easy access to it.

Hi quick question..

Taaa

i put some in this bedroom, next to his toilet (he won't go in it otherwise, fussypants!) and in a hay ball so he has to stretch up for it.

They don't need it it is just your and their choice. :) If you mean do they need hay for bedding in there. Well, that's down to choice as well. Now that it's getting warmer ours have rejected bedding and dug it all out into the run.

I think it is important to have hay in more than one place. Mine have two baskets full of hay plus some in their litter tray which was where their bedroom compartment was until i removed the divider.

I think it is important to have hay in more than one place. Mine have two baskets full of hay plus some in their litter tray which was where their bedroom compartment was until i removed the divider.

What do you use in the little tray?
I use wood pellets!
Cheers for reply about the hay i will carry on as normal!

Back