• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ebay rabbits - general advice

Ben's mum

Warren Veteran
I'm not really active on RU much anymore but have noticed several Ebay ads recently. I'm just posting this as some general advice in the hope it helps a few rabbits.
Ebay policies don't allow the advertising of animals, and even those advertising them as free get removed.
However, instead of criticizing the owners on here and reporting the auction immediately, perhaps the better approach may be to drop the seller a friendly message making them away of places like RR and RU, and also advising them of local rescues. Lots of people don't realise places like this exist or that rescues take in animals other than cats and dogs, not everyone is heartless for putting their animals on Ebay/freeads sites, and if you at least give them some friendly advise that they can choose to ignore or take, it might give the buns a better chance than having the auction removed and the animals possibly dumped or worse.
Also be aware that posts critizing an owner may be quite upsetting should the owner be pointed towards RU and make them hesitant to make use of a good resource for rehoming their rabbit(s) - I have seen it happen on several animal-related forums in the past :?

Thanks a good point, well a few good points. At the end of the day the most important thing is the welfare of the animals.

yes i agree, i sent a very friendly message just saying RR was a great place to find a nice home, i didnt critise them at all so hopefully it will work :D

Yeh its a really good letter, but i think it can be wrongly thought as as spam at first glance as its quite long? Im will use it next time though thanks hun

Back