• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who grows stuff for their buns?!

Rabbers

Mama Doe
I've just started to grow seed trays of oat, wheat and barley grass and then another of basic grass and today I recieved the seeds to grow dandelions and timothy grass.

I grew a v small pot last year of the barley, oat and wheat and they loved it but it just wasn't enough. So now I'm doing proper trays for them to rotate. They better be pleased.....!!:roll:

i do!
They love the bunny greens from the hay experts!!
Ive tried to grow timothy hay ( grass) - but all they do is lie on it and not eat it!!! :oops:

I do I've got herbs growing and have planted some small plants for them. Have also got some strawberry plants for them to nibble the leaves of :)

Doesn't stop them eating the plants they are supposed to tho :roll:

Yeah, I grow herbs for them [and me :)], and have just got some seeds from the hay experts for wheat, oat and barley... bit of a rip off really, I could have just picked some out of my assorted pet foods :lol:

I don't think I should, my cactuses and aloe veras dried up last year:shock:
I'm still trying to save a wild raspberry bush that's growing inside Zakura's pen though...but since it grows inside Zakura's pen... I'm worried she'll eat all the leaves before they come out:lol:

im growing herbs, carrots, radishes, tomatos, cucumbers, spinach at the moment was growing bunny greens and some other seeds form hay experts but harvested them and forgot to replant. just waiting for the weather to get nice again and they can all go out into the big planter we made but every weekend we decide to move them (they are in the consevatory atm) it forecasts snow for the next week :roll:

I grow cress, various grasses, herbs and a leafy salad mix for them as I'm trying to cut down on the amount of veg I have to buy!

Yeah I've got the timothy grass growing in a seed tray. I am going to plant my carrots and cabbage once we get some nice weather. :)

I've just started to grow seed trays of oat, wheat and barley grass and then another of basic grass and today I recieved the seeds to grow dandelions and timothy grass.

Ooo sounds cool! I want to grow some timothy grass, I dug up a dandelion to put in the tub ready :oops: Where did you get the seeds from?

I'm growing wheat, oat and barley for them. My little brother's growing carrots & parsley for em too, bless him :D

Herbs, blackberrys so I have leaves and stalks if I get any animals with diarrhoea. Last year I had a tub of carrots.

My husband tries to grow carrots.....and it works out REALLY well for the buns as he never seems to thin them properly and they end up mostly tops with very little actual carrot!!!!! :lol: :lol:

I'm growing wheat, oat and barley for them. My little brother's growing carrots & parsley for em too, bless him :D

We had a funny experience with oath at school once.. Some students were making bird food out of oath straws and seeds for Christmas (I don't know what the English name for those are... straws nit together and the birds eat the seeds...) Unfortunately/fortunately they made them on a table filled with earth meant for plants which were later put in pots...and then they realized some of the oath-seeds had fallen into the earth, so we had oath growing up nearly everywhere in the greenhouse:lol: A few in the pots and a few on the table around. I used to walk around and pick them all out, then I threw them into the guinea pig pen:D At least THEY were happy about the oath-infestation, even though I don't think it was particularly lucky for the Garden Store itself:lol: (the flowers would still grow but...there was grass in the pots:roll:)

Back